2.

Tyler met Josh in the tree house a little earlier the next day. They both agreed on plans for the two things that could happen.

The first thing being that Tyler's parents are okay with Josh and he stays so they get to know him better.

The second is that they suddenly don't like the idea of Tyler not liking the same gender and they kick Josh out, and Tyler can only meet once in a while with him.

The second one is least likely, but they wanted to be prepared for anything.

"So... Are you ready to go?" Tyler asks?

"Yeah, of course I am." Josh answers and takes his hand.

They both climb down the ladder and make the walk back to Tyler's house.

Tyler knocks on the door and his mom opens it. "Hello, Tyler! Is this your friend Josh?"

Tyler walks past his mom so Josh could shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Joseph." Josh smiles shyly and shakes her hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Josh."

They all sit on the couches, Tyler sitting next to Josh and his mom across from him.

Mrs. Joseph asked Josh about pretty much everything, and he politely answered to all of them.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Josh!" Mrs. Joseph said after a while of all of Tyler's family talking and asking him questions.

Tyler walked him to the door and stood on the front porch with him. Josh relaxed and looked at him. "Well, your family took that a lot better than I thought."

"Yeah, I thought so too." Tyler answered.

"I should be going, it's kind of late and my parents don't know where I'm at."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." Tyler waved as he left and walked into the house, where he found his whole family waiting for him.

"Sit down, we all need to talk." Said his father, who never really spoke in the first place.

The hour was spent telling Tyler how much they really like Josh, and how open and honest he was. Also how kind and funny he was.

They also had a condition though, if Josh were to hurt Tyler in any way, emotionally or physically, he were to never see him or talk to him again.

Overall they thought he was a great guy and that Tyler was lucky to have him.

A little later Tyler met Josh in the tree house. After a while, Josh asked Tyler about why he continues to do basketball if he was so good at writing and playing the keyboard.

"Well... It's because I haven't really gotten a big break with music, seeing as I'm not amazing. But I still continue with it because I believe that if we continue with the things we enjoy and think we do great with, we'll all have made something new under the sun." Tyler stared up at the ceiling of the tree house, both the boys laying on the floor. "Why do you continue with drums?" He pointed out.

"Because drums are the heartbeat to the music. When I play on my drum set, suddenly I'm not there, I'm the music. The music is me, and it's my heartbeat."

"Is this a theory?" Tyler looked over at Josh, who was also staring at the ceiling.

"Kind of. That we become one with the music because of the beat from the drums, or that the music takes us over. I just wish that I had two faces to prove which theory works." Josh looks over at Tyler.

He looks back up at the ceiling. "Yeah, so do I."