013. closer

updated, now with 99% less smut for you 14 year olds

Scott's presence was undeniable.

Kirstin once told him that the Emperor's powers were more potent than Mitch's could ever be, and only now did he truly understand what she meant. His power was so dense and unrestrained as he stalked through the hallways towards Mitch's room, and it was impossible to focus on anything other than his unquestionable position of dominance. Scott's message was clear -- he was the alpha of this ship, and he was coming for Mitch. No one dared interrupt him.

The closer he got, the more intense the connection felt between them, and the more nervous Mitch became. He couldn't bear to sit anymore; when he felt Scott at the end of his hallway, he was on his feet and staring at the door expectantly. What he was expecting, he didn't know, but he couldn't just sit and wait for it. His knees begged to collapse underneath him when he felt Scott make his way to the other side of the door, the overwhelming sensation of purple and red making him shake. All he could do was barely stop himself from running out there and finally connect that magnetic pull he felt between them, though he wasn't sure Scott would mind if he did.

When the door slid open and Mitch was left to fully bask in his formidable presence, he was overwhelmed by his power and beauty once again. How could he have forgotten how flawless and in charge he was? How could he ever forget the pull of those dark lips? He was such a fool.

Mitch stared expectantly, but Scott just... stood there. With his arms folded over his chest, he watched Mitch, waiting for him to make a move first. Anxiety built in his chest with every passing second, and the instant Mitch swallowed nervously, Scott finally crossed the threshold to the room, and let the sleek door slide behind him. He cocked his head and turned ever so slightly to the bookcase when he noticed its haphazardness, and if Mitch weren't so encaptured by his presence, he might've missed the smile turning on his cheeks.

"I'm glad you've taken a liking," he crooned, blackened fingers gently grazing across each spine. "Earth books are hard to come by, you know. Especially this one." His dark fingers stroked the spine of 1984, like it was a luxurious thing, too delicate to handle and too rare to displace. Mitch desperately wanted to know what Scott was getting at here, or what this unsettling master scheme was, because he was sure The Commander was here for more than literary discussion. "Truly, it is a masterpiece. Few men value the human perspective, especially in politics. I myself have heeded advice from this book, and the dangers of totalitarianism."

He wasn't about to be deceived, as much as he was thrilled about someone finding value in humans all the way out here in space. "Yeah, you'd know all about totalitarianism," he sneered sarcastically, and regretted it the second Scott's energy penetrated his mind and spoke directly to his soul. Do not step out of line, yes? Respectful. You do not understand my restraint. 

Mitch nodded very and quickly and gulped the second his powers slipped away. Suddenly he felt hollow, wishing for more of that power that made him realize the feelings of his own. "Why did you, um... find them for me?" That felt lame -- to him, anyway. "And the clock, and the pictures, it's all so... nice? Of you." He coughed and wanted to hide his blush, or maybe his whole body. "Um, thanks."

Scott thumbed through his copy of 1984 while Mitch watched desperately, looking for any sign of whatever their first interaction was. He returned the book respectfully to its place on the shelf, then turned his broad shoulders to Mitch. "This is a troublesome time, anama. When you've been uprooted, little comforts like this make the difference. Like I've said, I value human culture and wish for you to continue to embrace your roots. Your friends, on the other hand..." He raised an eyebrow when he felt Mitch's fear. "They were quite the conformists, aren't they?"