"Lady Lexi, are you there?" The flustered voice of Sella echoed out of the speaking tube, and Lexi walked over to answer her call.

"Yes, Sella."

"Oh, good. I found you. I was starting to worry. We have a visitor at the palace door. A satyr named Pesca. She says you know her."

Lexi's forehead wrinkled with worry. Satyrs rarely visited the palace, and more distressing was the fact that Pesca had been feeling poorly the last time Lexi visited her herd. "Thank you, Sella. I'll be right down."

The palace doors were open when Lexi arrived in the foyer, and Sella stood just outside, a concerned expression clouding her pretty features. Beyond her, Pesca paced the bridge in a tight circle. The satyr's tan skin had faded to a pale olive, and she clutched her stomach. Lexi was about to ask why Pesca had been left on the bridge when she saw blood stains on the stones.

"Pesca, what happened to you?" Lexi rushed to her friend's side and Pesca stopped pacing. That's when Lexi noticed blood running down Pesca's legs. Something told Lexi that Pesca had not come to discuss her menses.

"I did not know who else to go to, Lady Lexi. You are the only one I trust with my... with our secret." Pesca's voice trembled as she wrung her hands at her chest, and Lexi knew Pesca was referring to the secret of her forbidden love affair with a centaur named Emeron. Had the situation taken a bad turn?

"We need to get you inside and see what's going on." Lexi steadied Pesca as she guided her toward the doors, but Pesca dug in her hooves.

"I do not want to ruin your lovely palace. We could go down to the river."

"Your health is more important than a few stains. You came all this way. Let me help you properly."

Pesca still appeared doubtful, but she nodded as Lexi ushered her into the foyer. Sella hurried in behind them to stand with Blythe, who was holding a wash basin filled with towels.

"You can take her to our washroom, my lady," Blythe said as she gestured toward the downstairs bath. "Our tub is quite large and the chaise can be used as an examination table."

"Perfect, Blythe. Thank you."

Springing into action, the nymphs swung open the bathroom door and readied the room. Blythe spread towels across the chaise to protect the blue velvet fabric, while Sella filled the wash basin with water.

Pesca protested as Lexi led her to the chaise. "No, no. Please."

"It's okay. We can replace the chaise," Lexi said as she patted Pesca's back reassuringly. A second later, Pesca hunched forward and a large amount of blood gushed from her body.

"Oh, dear." Sella's hand flew to her mouth as she pointed to the tub with the other. "Perhaps, we should get Pesca into the bath."

Blythe redirected her efforts to filling the tub with water while Lexi crouched next to Pesca. "Can you make it to the tub, Pesca, or should I carry you?"

"My lady, you are in no condition to be lifting," Blythe protested. "We will all help Pesca get to the bath."

Lexi had confidence that her command of the elements was strong enough to lift Pesca, but using her gifts always took something out of her and she knew it was silly to risk it. Blythe and Sella each took one of Pesca's arms, while Lexi provided extra support under Pesca's shoulders. Avoiding the red puddle, everyone made their way to the tub, and Pesca managed to climb in without incident, apart from expelling more blood. Lexi noticed several clots, and although she didn't know much about the reproductive system of a female satyr, her suspicions as to why there would be clots had her stomach clenching.