Chapter 20: Three Years Later

3 Years Later:

Jordyn:

April 17, 2021:

I'm at the game with the boys. There's 2 outs for the Cardinals. Molina goes to steal, Kris gets the ball but Molina doesn't stop running and crashes right into Kris, making him break his ankle. I stand up and my eyes are wide.

"KRIS!" I yell. "Jordyn, relax." Sydnee says. "I can't! My husband just got hurt!" I exclaimed.

I go down to the training area waiting to see Kris. The boys are with me while Sydnee is still with Krystal. "You can see him now." Theo comes out of the training room. I'm assuming Theo was in there to see what was going on. I walk in holding a sleeping Isaac, our youngest son who is now two. We only have two kids and don't plan on having anymore. Kris is sitting on a chair in the training room, looking down. "Daddy?" Carter, now 4 years old says. Kris looks up at Carter and says, "Hey, buddy." Carter waves. "I hate that mean guy for hurting you." He says. "It happens, it's baseball." Kris chuckles, obviously not worried about the possible time consuming injury. "How long are you out?" I ask Kris. "They want me to go to the ER." He says. The trainer comes in the room with Theo.

The trainer gives Kris a pair of crutches. They ask if I can take Kris and I agree. I don't wanna take the boys to a germ infested hospital so I quickly text Sydnee to come get Carter and Aden. She agrees and comes down. On the drive to the ER, Kris has his hand on my thigh. "It fucking hurts Jordyn." Kris groans. "Did they give you any pain killer?" I ask, turning into the hospital parking lot. "Yeah, Tylenol but it ain't helping." He sighs. "They'll probably give you something stronger here." I tell him. "I hope." Kris replied. I pull into the parking lot and luckily it's not too far from the door and it's flat land so not a hill or anything. I help Kris out of the car after getting out myself then grabbing my purse. I help Kris into the ER. A lot of people in the waiting room gasp when they see Kris walk in. They let him go back right away because of security. I get to go back with him. The nurse has me help Kris get a hospital gown on and then the doctor comes in and takes the wrap off of his ankle. I look away, it's just hanging there. Molina is a dead man. I sigh and text my brother back cause he texted me. The doctor gets the x-rays he wanted then he leaves to tend to other patients while waiting for Kris's X-rays to come back. I'm sitting next to my husband and I'm holding his hand, he's a little dazed from the pain medication. Damn that shit works fast. A little while later, he's saying shit that he wouldn't normally say. I giggle while taking out my phone to get some of it.

"Jordyn, shh, I have a secret." Kris says. "Oh yeah, what's that?" I ask. "You can't tell anyone, not even Anthony." Kris whispers. "Okay." I reply. "I love Anthony Rizzo soooo much!" Kris exclaimed. Oh my, Kristopher Lee. I begin to laugh. "That's not funny. It's serious, Jordyn." Kris pouts. I stop the video then continue once he starts talking again. Kris is playing with his wedding ring a few minutes later. "Whoa! When did I get married?!" Kris exclaims. "Kris, shhh. You gotta be quiet." I tell him. "Okay, Mom, sheesh." He says. I roll my eyes. "Hey, did the Cubs win? Did Kris Bryant get a home run?" He asks. What kind of drugs did they give my husband??

"Babe, you are Kris Bryant and yes, the Cubs won, and yes, you did get a home run." I tell him. "Why am I at a hospitals ?" He asks. "Because Yadier Molina ran into you." I said. "Ugh! That guy is a huge asshole! He probably intentionally did it too. I'm very offended!" Kris yells. "Shhh, keep it down babe." I tell Kris. "No, Jordyn, I will not keep it down. Yadier Molina is a huge pile of shit. I don't like the guy, not one bit." Kris says. I'm honestly trying not to laugh. "Jordyn," Kris says. "Yes, babe?" I look at him. "I wanna give you a kiss because I love yoooou!" He replied. I flip the camera so it's showing Kris and I. Then I kiss him. "Now can you go get my bitch?" Kris asks. "Who's your bitch, Kris?" I wonder. "That sexy beast I was telling you about before, Anthony Motherfucking Sexy Ass Rizzo." Kris says. Jesus Christ. Finally, Kris falls asleep for good, thirteen minutes later. I got about 25 minutes of Kris being obnoxious on painkillers. Wait until Anthony sees this. I save it, post it privately on YouTube and share it with only Anthony. There's a knock at the door while Kris is snoring away. "Come in." I say. The doctor walks in. "Hey, Doc. What kind of painkillers did you give him?" I ask. "45 milligrams of morphine." The doctor replied. "I don't think he'd understand what I would tell him right now. We're gonna let him sleep for a little bit. The morphine should ware off here soon, we're gonna keep him overnight and then perform surgery at 8 tomorrow morning so we're gonna shift him upstairs." The doctor informs me.

I nod and then when we get up to his room, I inform Sydnee, and the group chat. I lay in the chair next to Kris. Gonna be a long 12 weeks. Fuck Yadier Molina.