Chapter 15: Pink or Blue

2 1/2 months later

Jordyn POV

So, today is my 5 1/2 month check up and we get to find out the gender and how many we're having. I'm so excited and nervous because I want a boy so bad.

"Babe you ready?" Kris asked, from the doorway of our bathroom. "Yeah." I respond, putting on my hoodie and walking out. "I'm so excited but nervous." I say to him. "I know you are, me too." He replied.

We get to the clinic, go in and I get signed in, then we wait for 5 minutes. "Jordyn" Anna, my doctor's nurse said. Kris and I stand up. Anna's never met Kris before, nor does she know that Kris is my fiancé and the baby's dad. Anna's a huge Cubs fan by the way. Her favorite player is Ben Zobrist and she also likes Willson Contreras. "Jordyn, that's Kris Bryant isn't it?" She whispered to me. "Yup." I said. "He's the father?" She asked. "Yes he is." I smiled. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Kris." She said. "You too." Kris replied to her.

The doctor comes in after Anna gets my vitals and stuff like that. "Hi Jordyn." Dr. Schultz said. "Hey." I smiled. "How's baby?" She asked. "Good." I replied. "That's good. Okay let's get on with the ultrasound." She said.

I lay back and she puts the gel stuff on my belly and moves the thing around on it. "I'm seeing the baby, and it's moving around a lot." she says. I look at Kris and he smiles. She looked at me and smiled. "I think you're gonna make good parents." She said. "Do you know the genders?" I asked. "Yes. Do you two want to know the gender?" She asked. Kris and I look at each other and nod. "Yeah." I said. "You're having a boy! Congratulations!" She smiled. I look over at Kris who's got a huge smile on his face. A mini Kris Bryant running around! She prints out the ultrasound pictures for us and we get this card thing that has the genders on it. "Thank you so much." I said to her. "You're welcome. I wanna see you back here in 6 weeks." She tells me. "Okay." I say.

Kris and I walk to the car talking about baby names, hand in hand. We get into the car and go home. I called my sister Sydnee when I got there because I promised I'd call and let her know what I found out. Kris is telling the guys and I'm telling the girls. "Hey! What'd you find out?" Sydnee asked. "It's a boy!" I responded. "Omg!! A baby Kris!" She exclaimed. "I'm excited." I said. "I bet you are." She replied. "Now Kris and I know what to get for them. I'm so glad it's a boy." I said. "I know you are. I remember you saying that you didn't think you'd be able to handle a girl." She says. "Yeah. So how are you and Anthony doing?" I asked. "We're great!" She said. "That's good." I replied. "Yeah. Well I have to go, so I'll talk to you later." She tells me. "Okay bye!" I hang up. I smiled to myself. I can't believe I'm gonna have a boy. 😍