Gold Palm Trees - |Chapter 12|

Melanie

With my fist under my chin, I watched the few customers in the shop around for shoes, undecided about which ones they wanted.

I blew my purple hair out of my face and stared straight ahead at the clock on the far side of the store. It was like it was taunting me that I still had a few hours left of my shift until I could go home and relax.

I saw the same trifling gold digger with the brown and light highlights in her hair. It was like she was in this store every week, spending her sugar daddy's money. Her clothes were still tight and her expensive sunglasses sat on her head. Her pointed her manicured fingernail at the shoe on the top of the shelf.

"Did you tell BooBoo about the shoes you wanted?" her friend asked.

"Of course. Whatever I want, he buys it for me. He loves me."

"Bitch please," I muttered under my breath as I rolled my eyes and glanced away from them.

"Can these people choose a shoe so they can get the hell on?" Tanya complained as she had a stank look on her face and went behind the counter where I was.

"They just as indecisive as that hoe over there trying to figure out if she wants her dude or her side nigga," she said, pointing to another girl known as Sloppy Toppy Shay. "Girl hops back on forth on them so much, I wouldn't be surprised if she called out the wrong dude's name during sex."

I chuckled as I shook my head at her.

Yani walked in from the back and to the counter where we were, "What y'all talking about?"

"About your hoe cousin," Tanya pointed her out.

This girl gave no fucks whatsoever and it showed.

"That bitch ain't my cousin, you know that."

"My bad, I must've got her confused with someone else."

"Hmm, as if you did. If Mara heard about the way you were throwing shade, Tanya, you would've got written up so fast, your attitude would've been snatched up."

"At least what I have is snatched unlike yours. Your pussy must be on some loose shit," Tanya snapped.

"Bitch-"

"Both of y'all shut your asses up because we got customers. Don't nobody want to be on Worldstar seeing this mess going on. Y'all can go in the back and handle that. There goes a customer right now," I said as a woman with a shoe box came to pay for them.

They shut their mouths and got to work.

I let those two argue enough and I had my entertainment. They could do that in the break room.

I gave the lady back her change and Tanya and Yani were dealing with the other customers with their change, handing them back their shoes.

Once the store had no customers, it was just Tanya, Yani, and I.

Someone's phone rang, it was Tanya's, "Hey auntie, what's up?......I'm at work," she went into the break room to finish her call.

It was just Yani and I.

She glanced at me, "So what's up with you? I'm not on no bullshit or nothing. We don't talk and you seem cool as hell."

"I'm cool."

"No, like for real though. I bet you don't fuck with me because you know I get around and shit. Which is cool because people have their own opinions on what others do."