Gold Palm Trees - |Chapter 4|

2014

I was watching the fire from the lighter flicker. The orange and yellow flames danced before I set it on the end of the blunt, lighting it. The sweet smell went into my nose as I inhaled it in. It brung a smile to my face.

There was a group of us sitting around the coffee table in the middle of Constance's living room. There were blunt roaches, powder, pills, and random items scattered everywhere. Her dirty clothes were laying around on the floor and behind the couch. I knew she had her own washing machine around here somewhere.

The once lively white paint turned to a light brown and was peeling off the walls. There were dents and marks in it that made it look worse.

There were cracks in the walls, floor, and the wooden coffee table. There were patches on the floor that needed to be fixed. The tilted lamp shades had yellow and brown stains on them and the flickering lights were bothering everyone except me.

I was in my own world.

"That light is bothering me. Damn Con, when are you gonna get this shit fixed??" Nasir snapped.

"When you move in and pay some fucking bills around here. Until then, you have no say," she snapped.

He glared at her. They always argued for some reason.

Constance really let her parent's house go. Once they up and left her, she turned to drugs like the rest of us.

Donovan, Meisha, Nasir, her, and I were smoking and sniffing.

"I got the needles, who wants to go first?" Constance held it up with a smile on her face as she glanced at us.

Nasir took the needle and dug it into his arm. His head tilted back and he gritted his teeth, glancing down at the syringe in his hand. Once he was finished shooting up, he passed it back to Constance.

She shook her head, "Not after you just used it. The fuck you thought this was?"

He shrugged and finished shooting up the rest that was in the syringe.

Constance had a dull look on her face, "You lucky I bought more with your greedy ass," she reached into her back and pulled out two more needles and small bottles of dope.

I said nothing as I brought the blunt to my lips, inhaling the weed. Something about it made me go crazy about it, crave the sensation over and over, but something was off about it.

My eyebrows furrowed as I glanced at Donovan, "Did someone lace my shit? This is too good to be straight up weed," I held up the blunt, examining it and turning it over.

"Oh, I didn't tell you? There's some cocaine in there," Meisha pointed out.

I took another hit of the blunt again, enjoying the sensation.

I paid no one any mind since I was too busy in my own world.

Once I was done with the blunt. Donovan took my hand, helping me up. He led me to his room and sat on the bed, pulling me onto his lap.

He kissed me, "You know you my girl, right?"

I kissed him back, "Yeah."

He kissed me again and pulled me into him, making us lay in bed. He started to take off my shirt when Meisha barged into the room.

"I- oh, my bad. I didn't know."

We sat up and I fixed my shirt.

He was pissed as he glared at her. I said nothing.