Gold Palm Trees - |Chapter 7|

2014

Three days after my mom and I's fight, she went to work and Melanie went to run errands. My dad was also at work. I was in the house by myself.

I was in my room and waited for Donovan to pick me up.

I touched the bruises on my face and quickly tried to cover it with makeup. They weren't that noticeable after I applied it. The only way you could see it was if you looked real close at my face.

My phone, laptop, and car were taken away and I had nothing to do as I waited for him.

I heard a loud honk, I knew it was him.

I hurried and grabbed my things and was out the door.

When I got into his car with a small hi and a quick peck on the lips, I felt his eyes on me. I was facing the window, looking at the trees.

"What happened to you?" Donovan questioned me as I was facing away from him.

"I don't want to talk about it," I mumbled, staring out the window, putting my fist under my chin.

"You gonna have to tell me anyway," he said, putting his hand on my thigh.

"Can you leave it alone right now?" I pleaded.

"You in my car, I picked you up because you sounded like you were about to cry. Tell me what's wrong. Who's ass do I have to beat?"

"Don't put your hands on my mom."

His eyes were on the road when they widened, "Your mom? Why?"

"She found out I was using yesterday."

"How?"

"I didn't wipe the cocaine from my nose. She saw the needle marks."

"Damn," he pulled up to a red light and shook his head, "I'm sorry."

I still wasn't looking at him, I was still facing the window.

He began driving again when he said, "Needle marks??" I heard the confusion in his voice.

"Yeah."

"I don't remember you using them. I did. I didn't use them on you."

"Then who did?"

"I don't know, but I'll find out right now."

Minutes later, we were at the trap where the rest of them were, including other dealers. They were counting money and smoking as the others cut up bricks.

Without saying anything, we walked by them and Donovan's eyes landed on Nasir. He went to him and pulled him to the corner where people would hear us.

"Bruh, why you grabbing up on me?" he snapped, snatching his arm from Donovan as he glared at him.

"Did you use the needles on Dijah?"

"No, I was too busy fucking Constance and......Meisha," he shivered at her name, "I have to be drunk and high to do that."

"What about after?"

"I don't remember anything after, ask Constance or Meisha," he shivered again, "They're in the kitchen."

We went into the kitchen where they were with other people, mostly guys. One of the dudes was rubbing up on Constance and she didn't seem to mind. They glanced at us with a smile, but we looked at them with blank faces.