Chapter 30 - Touchdown.

Start from the beginning

"Who's this?" Kayson thought in his head. "A relative? An uncle?"

Another picture he came in contact with, was Taylor holding and kissing him on his cheek when he was only 2 months old.

"I wonder if I can get back in touch with this woman." Kayson wondered. "Seems like she was close to me..."

Unfortunately, Kayson couldn't remember who it was. As he placed the photos back down, he heard the doorbell ring to the home.

It was Madilyn. They were scheduled to hang out today.

"Hey Madilyn!" Kayson smiled.

"Hi!" Madilyn cheered.

Madilyn's fluffy red hair was slicked back into a ponytail. Her outfit was a white top and some baggy jeans to go along with her green flats. It looked like a country outfit for sure.

"Wanna go fish?" Madilyn asked as she pulled to fishing rods from behind her. "I brought my fathers fishing rods."

"Sure." Kayson cheered lowly. "Let's go."

But Kayson was breaking a cardinal rule. He didn't exercise, do any farming, or wash any of the fruits out.

For an hour and some change, Madilyn and Kayson caught around 30 fish all together in their buckets. Of course, Kayson had the most. He fished often. They did nothing but had small talk about random things, such as their plans to go off to college and other things that didn't revolve around them being sheltered around their parents. When they got back to the home, Kayson placed the fish inside of large buckets of ice for them to remain fresh until they're ready to cook.

"Lily and Iyana, y'all can take a break from cooking." Kayson said. "I'll do it, today."

"Oh really?" Lily snickered, folding her arms. "You sure you know how to cook, farmers boy?"

"Better than your soggy casserole, farmers girl." Kayson scoffed at her.

"Oooohhhhh." Iyana giggled, pointing at Lily. "He told you."

"Oh shut up." Lily scowled at Iyana, turning to Kayson as she kept her arms folded. "You just make sure that you cook right."

"Don't start Lily, because you and Iyana are supposed to be doing this job." Kayson growled as he pointed upstairs. "Bye!"

Iyana and Lily rolled their eyes, making their way upstairs. Kayson glanced at Madilyn, shaking his head.

"You're SO lucky that you don't have siblings." Kayson groaned as he mixed the batter for the fish.

"Please." Madilyn chuckled. "I have 1 little brother and 1 little sister."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, but sometimes my family treat me like an outcast since I'm American." Madilyn mumbled.

Kayson stared at her for a few seconds, then started the olive oil grease on the stove.

"So how many pieces of fish do you want?"

"Two please." Madilyn said.

Kayson nodded at her, placing them inside of the creamy and buttery batter.

"I have mashed potatoes and green vegetables in the fridge from last night if you want those as your sides." Kayson added.

"Yes." Madilyn smiled. "And I'll eat those as well."

After Kayson spent 12 minutes cooking the fish, he placed the 12 pieces on a napkin and warmed up the mashed potatoes and greens as well. As he set them out, Madilyn came over with her plate.