Unedited

•Ross's POV•

We were telling everyone today about or engagement, it wasn't going to be nothing big, just have everyone over and get the announcement over with.

"I wonder how they'll respond. We are the first of the group to get engaged."

"As long as they're positive about it, that's all I really hope for." I shrug, wrapping my arms her from behind as she puts on her makeup.

For once she went with only eyeliner and lipgloss. The simplest I've ever seen her makeup.

"I guess you're right, it's not like anyone was against us being together, besides a few haters."

"That's right, a few haters don't compare to all the loving fans and our family and friends."

She grins back at me, pecking my cheek before going to our closet to change.

I ruffle my hair before checking my phone to see a text from Riker telling me everyone had arrived.

"Alright let's go."

Jasmine appears from the closet in a simple blue crop top and blue floral print skirt.

She glances at the mirror before taking a deep breath and nodding.

I hold her hand in mine, leading her downstairs to the dining room where everyone was waiting.

"Took you guys long enough." Riker teased.

"Yeah, yeah. We're just going to put it out there now. We wanted everyone here so we could announce our engagement."

Everyone stops, remaining quiet.

"Finally!"

Ryder runs up to Jas, tugging on her hand to see the ring.

I chuckle as all the girls rush over, examining the ring.

"Congratulations son." My dads pats me one the back.

"Yeah, I trust you'll treat my daughter well."

I smile and nod at Mr. Carter. "With my heart and soul."

••

After telling everyone, we had dinner and went to the family room to watch the game and for the girls to discuss the wedding.

Half way through Jasmine came to sit by my side.

I smile, wrapping an arm around her and kissing her forehead.

"Thinking about it, there's so much detail that will go into the wedding." She whispers and leans her head against my chest.

I chuckle and nod "Yeah, just wait until it's time to get the wedding rings and your dress, mom will definitely be bugging you."

"Ugh, both of our mom's. You sure you're ready for this bridezilla?" She teased and poked my nose.

"What did I walk into?" I mock and move a strand of her hair.

"Very funny Lynch."

I smile, pressing my lips to her forehead as she softly hums contently.

I can't believe I'm getting married, I'm actually going to marrying the live if my life.

Life is good.