chapter 2

It was a hectic day . After finding my rented house I started to unpack my things. Most of it is my books.

Tomorrow my class in the college is starting. Am so nervous about it.

My roommate, Julie  helped me unpack everything.

I kind of like her. She is blonde with hazel eyes. She is beautiful and talkative in nature . Being born in India I never saw a blonde person.

It was little awkward at first but Julie didn't mind my shyness. She was constantly nagging me by asking  about India.

Did I mentioned earlier that she is talkative???

"Em , what is this? " Julie asked me by picking up my dresses.

"  They are salwar suits . It is an Indian style dress "  I replied her coolly.

What I know it's weird to wear salwars in America. But I love them.

"They are so beautiful Em,  you are going to wear this in college??"she asked trying to pull herself in the dress.

"May be" Julie shortened my name from Emily to Em. Saying it was too long. I rolled my eyes at this.

"Hey, today night there is a party at Daniel's place. You coming?" Julie  asked  me while checking for dresses in her walk- in- wardrobe.

Even though it looks like she was asking , believe me she will probably murder me if I didn't go with her..

"No Julie am just tired .Some other day please" I showed my puppy eyes to her . Huh ,No one can escape from my puppy eyes. Yes am gifted.

She rolled her eyes , and did murmur something about " next time ,I will drag you out"

I went to freshen up after Julie went to the party. By   cleaning and arranging the apartment ,all my energy was depleted.

I thought  about my home. What are they doing now?

I took my phone and dialed mom's number .

"Hello mom?" My sound would probably tell her that I am exhausted.

"Hai baby , are you okay? You sound tired" mom inquired  me.

Look what did I tell you earlier . She calls it as ' mother's intuition'

"Mom cool down, I was just cleaning up the house" I said.

It's funny. Actually ,back in home I never had done cleaning jobs .  Mom and Sara always used to scold me.

" oh, my baby is so grown up, am so proud of you" she said and I know she is teasing me.

"Okay mom , am tired and am going to bed, good night" I told in a sleepy voice.

"Goodnight honey, take care and we love you" she said

"Love you too,bye mom" I said cutting the phone.

I started to miss them already .

Dad called after I reached the apartment and told to meet some of his cousins living in here. And am not planning to visit them anytime soon.

After calling to home I went to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.