Part 12

Thanks to all for voting and commenting for the previous part.

Madhu was anxiously waiting for RK to contact her. She had tried calling him and his phone had been switched off. She wasn't worried exactly; she was only concerned. She trusted him and after their break up and the patch up, her faith in him has become stronger. Hearing a buzz on her phone, she quickly checks the message and sighs in a little disappointment that it was Trishna and not RK. She quickly opens it, even though her heart told her that she would be the first one he would contact, her brain reasoned that maybe he might have gone home and Trishna is messaging to inform her that.

Did he call? Where you able to talk to him? I am so worried.

Sighing, Madhu replies quickly.

Not yet. He will call. You relax. Will let you know as soon as I talk to him.

Madhu was waiting for RK as she checked her phone every other minute. It was late night and he still hadn't called. Madhu tries his number once more and it comes again switched off. Sighing, Madhu sits wondering what to do. She had no idea where to go look for him. he could have gone anywhere. Why didn't I go after him?

*knock* *knock*

Madhu sits up in shock as she wondered whether she imagined the soft knock.

Then she hears the whisper. "Madhu?"

Madhu hurries to the balcony door and opens it to find RK.

Madhu quickly hugs him tight in relief and says, "Where were you? I was starting to get worried."

"Just starting to?" RK asks curiously.

"I had faith in you. I knew you wouldn't leave me." Madhu tells him smiling.

RK smiles, "I thought you would be worried that is why I came now."

"Are you alright?" Madhu asks him as she cupped his face.

"Yes." RK tells her with a gentle smile and then he hugs her.

"I should inform Trish. She is really worried." Madhu informs him as she turned to walk towards her bed.

Madhu was typing her message to Trishna and RK comes behind her and hugs her from behind. Madhu quickly finishes off the message and turns around to look at RK. She cups his face and kisses him on his forehead.

"Where did you go?"

"I don't know." RK replies lost. "I just drove around."

Madhu hugs RK tight and RK hugs her back tighter.

"Did you eat?"

"No."

"I'll get you something to eat."

RK nods in reply.

Few minutes later, Madhu was feeding RK.

"What did your mother say?"

"She didn't say anything. I told her that I have faith in you and that you would come back."

RK nods and then he tells her, "I am sorry you had to witness that."

Seeing a tear fall from his eyes, Madhu quickly wipes it off.

"What happened after I left?"

"You want more?" Madhu asks RK as she fed him the last piece, wondering whether she should tell him the truth or lie.

"No." RK says shaking his head.

Madhu quickly gets up and keeps the empty plate on the table and goes to the washroom to wash her hand.