Part 10

Hearing the door bell, Trishna opens the door and finds Padmini at the door.

"Aunty?" Trishna says surprised seeing Madhu's mother.

"Trishna, I need to talk to you." Padmini says worriedly.

"Come in, Aunty. Is everything alright?" Trishna asks her as she led her towards the sitting area wondering whether it was about RK and Madhubala.

"What is happening to my daughter?" Padmini asks her agitatedly as she sits down.

"What happened, Aunty?" Trishna asks her worriedly.

"She is in love with someone. I want to know who."

"Love?" Trishna asks surprised wondering and cursing Madhubala in her mind for not giving her any prior warning on this visit by her mother.

"Don't lie to me, Trishna. I know how close you two are. I know, you know who he is. I want to meet him."

"Aunty... that..."Trishna starts stammering as she wondered what to say or do. She couldn't betray Madhubala or RK by telling the name and she couldn't lie to Padmini Aunty also.

"I need to meet him, Trishna."

"You ask Madhubala, aunty." Trishna worriedly replies.

"She wants to live with him without marriage." Padmini tells her worriedly.

"WHAT?" Trishna asks in shock. "She said that?"

"Yes." Padmini tells her miserably. "She is begging me to let her stay with him. how can I do that? Now you understand why I want to talk to him? Please just tell me who he is."

"She said she doesn't want to marry?" Trishna asks unable to hide her smile, feeling so happy for her brother.

"Yes." Padmini says frowning at Trishna seeing her so happy. "You are supporting her in this?"

Seeing her anger directed at her, Trishna gets scared. "No, Aunty... I just want them to be happy."

"So tell me who he is."

"I can't, Aunty. I can't break her trust. I am sorry."

Padmini closes her eyes in defeat. "She says she will tell me his name only after I agree. I just want to meet him and talk to him."

"I am sorry, Aunty. I can't tell you." Trishna helplessly tells her.

Sighing loudly, Padmini starts to leave when RK comes running out of his room. "TRISH! TRISH!"

"YEAH?" Trishna turns to look at her brother who was running down the stairs as she kept slyly pointing Padmini to him.

RK curiously looks at Padmini and not recognizing who she is, ignores her completely and turns to Trishna, "Get ready. We are going to Madhu's house."

"Wha..t?" Trishna asks as she worriedly looked at Padmini who was glaring at RK.

"You are right. I lost her. If marriage is what I have to do to get her back then I will get married. So come with me. We will need to talk to her mother too." RK tells her as he turned to run back up the stairs to get ready.

Trishna gulps worriedly as she stared at Padmini who was staring at RK.

RK turns to Trishna and sees her standing rooted to the ground. "Get moving! I already kept Madhu waiting for so long. Not any longer. Get ready. Do you think I should shave? I am going to meet her mother for the first time. She keeps talking about her. I am shitting bricks about meeting her. So....?"