Chapter 3. Coffee? ..Yes please

I woke up feeling like I just went for the longest roller coaster ride ever. My head was hurting badly. My ribs and stomach were aching alot. When I opened my eyes, u saw a white ceiling and drips connected to my hand. Wait. This is not my room. This looks like a hospital and how did I end up here.
Then everything came back to me slowly. Me going down by the lake for a bit, then getting into a fight with Katherine, then me getting knocked down by some guy called Jeremy. Then blank from there on.
I turned around to see who else was in the room and saw Emily, Ben, Nick, and the twins, sitting in the couch and talking. All of then had sad looks on their faces and Ben was busy clenching his fists.
When Emily caught my eye, she jumped of the couch and in a second she was sitting next to me.
"Oh my god! Are you alright, Alex!?" She asked in a concern and the boys rushed over by me.
"Hey kitty how are you feeling?" Ben asked.
"Feeling better, I guess."I whispered unable to find my voice.
"Hey, it's okay, we're here, no need to worry." Emily said taking my hand.
"The doctor said you need to have some rest." Liam said in a soothing tone and I just nodded.
The doctor came in rushing in at that moment with what looked like a file in his hand, and a nurse following her.
"Hello Alexandra, glad you're awake he said in a cheery tone. Oh how glad I was that he was not like the other doctors who look like they're gonna shove a knife in your stomach and start operating right away.
"Thanks." I said with a small smile.
"Actually I came to talk to you about the incident that brought you here. I need you to tell me what exactly happened." He said.
"Oh...umm...I...we'll..."
"It's okay Alex, go ahead were here with you." Sam said giving me an encouraging smile, together with the others. That's what I'm scared of you idiot. I don't want you guys to Know.
"Well....umm...I was arguing with someone and this guy came from behind me and hit me on my head hard and I fell face first. Then as I was getting up, he punched me in the stomach and kicked me in the ribs. I don't remember much after that." I said as tears were foaming in my eyes.
"What!" Everyone exclaimed at the same time. I just looked at my hands as a tear escaped my eye.
"Who was this asshole," Ben asked clenching his fists.
"I don't know him." I said not looking up.
"Well, that explains it." The doctor said.
"Explains what?" Emily asked looking lost.
"Well she already had three broken ribs and two fractured ones from long back, and the person who hit her yesterday worsened the fractures and she couldn't bear the pain so she passed out. Emily there were also some bull-..."
"Enough! NOT ANOTHER WORD. I cut him off sharply. Shit, I didn't know he would find out all these things about me. I never wanted anyone to Know. Especially not the people this room here. They were my friends and I wouldn't want them to get hurt."
Everyone was looking at me with shocked faces. Nick even dropped the glass of water he was holding.
"Guys. Unthinkable you should leave, she needs some rest." Emily said seeing the scared look on my face.
"But...."
"Please just leave guys! I really appreciate you guys being here with me, but right now I really want to be alone."
The boys left after a while, although Ben insisted on staying, Emily forced him out of the room.
"Thanks a lot Emily. Without you guys I don't know what would have happened to me."
"Oh c'mon Alex." She cut me off and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Hey! You still have to tell me about you and Harry. You said it was complicated. So now's the perfect time." I said cheerfully, and trying to change the subject. Crimson colour creeps onto her cheeks and she looks at the tiles down like they were the most important things in the world.
"Owh. Us Emily blushing?" I tease her.
"I'm not." She tries to sound stern but fails.
"Owh...you look cute." I said pinching her cheeks.
"Okay. okay. ill tell you, but promise me you're not going to say anything to anyone." She looks at me.
"Promise, I won't." I say.
"Actually, Harry is umm..harry is my Fiance. She said looking embarrassed."
"What!" I nearly choked on air.
"Well his parents and my parents are kinda best friends and they want to join the companies for bigger profits. They just got us engaged without even asking us anything about it." She said as tears were foaming in her eyes.
"Are you happy about it?" I asked them mentally kicked myself for asking such a stupid question. Of course she isn't. Gosh I'm so stupid.
"We don't have those feelings for each other." She said.
"What does Harry think about it?" I asked.
"He says let them think we're together, and after we're done with school, he's gonna tell them that he likes someone else and not me."
"Oh who does he like?" I asked. Curiosity getting the better of me.
"That's the thing, he doesn't like anyone." She said sighing.
"Oh," I said.

And just like that we spend the rest of the time talking and having fun. I was glad I had her as a friend, she made me feel a lot better and made me forget about the nightmares which I was getting.

*****

It's been over a week since the incident and everything is back to normal except for the pain which I get sometimes but then there are pain killers which I take. Apart from that everything is perfectly alright.
Harry was nice enough to ask me how I was feeling. I was shocked at first but then replied him anyways. Although he can be a jerk sometimes, there's a part of him which he refuse to show everyone. He stays quite most of the time busy typing and playing with his phone. I catch him a lot of times looking at me but he quickly looks away.
Ben and the twins make us laugh always. They keep on playing pranks on others and very often and they are fun to be with.
Nick and Harry spend most of their time on the training ground. These two love soccer more than anything.
"What are you thinking about?" Ben asked.
"Nothing much." I said.
"Hey I was wondering if you ...umm ...if you will come to the party at my place on Friday?" Ben asked shifting in his place.
"Umm...I don't think so." I said looking away.
"Plz, it's gonna be fun. I'll be there with you. " Ben said and harry just coughed. And Ben started making puppy faces towards me.
"Gosh stop it Ben. Fine I'll come." I said sighing.
"Yay." Ben said giving me a side hug and the twins high fives themselves.

After lunch me and Emily were going to the library when Emily suddenly bumped into someone, making her spill her coffee all over the persons clothes.

"What the hell!" The person yelled and that person was none other then Katherine.

"Umm ...I-I'm sorry." Emily said looking scared and her face was turning red.

"Do you have any freaking idea how expensive this dress came...." she didn't compete her sentence when she saw me. "You bitch! What the hell are you doing here?" She shouted glaring at me.

"Well I was walking with my friend and she happened to bump into a slut and spill her coffee all over her. And now I'm standing here with her." I said in a calm voice. Both Emily and her were looking at me with open mouths.

"Wh-what did you say?" She asked in a slow and deadly tone.

"You heard me." I replied with a smirk.

"Don't think I'm done with you Alex. Trust me you wish you would never come here." She said. "Your parents would....."

I didn't let her finish bet sentence. I took the cup from Emily's hands and threw the remaining coffee right in her face. Everyonewho were walking in the hallways stopped in their tracks and were staring at us. Some with shocked looks and others seemed to enjoy it. Katherine and Emily were frozen on their places.

I quickly grabbed Emily's hand and motioned for her to run . We sprinted across the hall and through corridors. I turned to see if Katherine was following us, and sure enough she was there running after us.

She had her minions running after us and she was busy cussing and shouting for us.

We were running without looking exactly where we were going and turning corners every now and then. Finally we stopped to catch a breather. Emily was looking like she just ran a marathon.

"I'm thinking about only one thing right now that can save us from a painful death." Emily said taking deep breaths.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Change our names, move to Paris and start new. We can't tell anyone. I can get some money from my moms bank account, then we can disappear forever." She said all that in one breath.

"Damn! You guys must have committed a serious crime to change your identities and move somewhere else." Someone said from behind.

I whip around do fast I'm surprised I don't get whiplash.

"What?" Me and Emily both scream at the same time. We turn around to see Jeremy standing there with his friends and he has a huge smirk plastered on his face.

Oh god.

Hey guys don't forget to: vote,comment and fan and share if you can.