ᴀᴘᴘʟᴇ

◂ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ ▸

It was another boring day for Natsu. He woke up, got ready, are breakfast, and went to school. The day dragged on, and it seemed like an eternity had passed until the bell rang.

He gathered his things and headed for the FTC building. Gray had decided to just trail behind him, not bothering to try making conversation with him like he had for the past week.

Natsu went straight to the infirmary, where Lucy was resting.

Porlysucia had recovered quickly, so she was able to continue working.

Natsu entered the infirmary, finding Wendy and Porlysucia inside. Wendy sitting on the foot of Lucy's bed, and Porlysucia sitting at her desk.

"Natsu-nii...Lucy-san...She's..." Wendy trailed off, unsure how to tell him.

"She's in a coma." Porlysucia stated plainly.

"She'll be fine." Natsu said, unfazed by the news.

"But..." Wendy frowned.

"She won't die on me. She can't." He muttered, staring at Lucy's unconscious, bandaged face.

"Igneel wants to see you. Go." Porlysucia shooed.

Natsu headed to his fathers office, leaving a rose at Lucy's bedside before he left.

As the pinky entered the office, his red head father turned in his big, cushy desk chair to see him.

"Come sit, Natsu." Igneel gestured to the chairs in front of his desk.

Natsu sat down in one of them, putting his bag by his side on the floor.

"What'd you wanna talk to me about?" Natsu asked, eager to go back to Lucy.

"It's about Lucy."

"What about her?" Natsu's eyes narrowed at his father.

"It's been 3 weeks, Natsu. You--"

"I'll wait 3 more, if that what it takes." Natsu cut him off.

"I know, Natsu. However, you have to understand that we're doing everything we can. Even with our top doctors and specialists on the case, it's not doing anything but wasting our time and supplies. We--"

"Wasting?! Lucy saved all of your lives--more then once--and your calling it a waste?!" Natsu exclaimed, anger burning his chest.

"You have to understand Natsu, we--"

"No!! I don't have to do anything for the likes of you! She risked her life for all of us! She even sacrificed herself for Wendy! Your own daughter!!" Natsu stood up, enraged.

Igneel flinched, but continued.

"I get that you have feelings for her, but--"

"That's not the point!!" Natsu shouted.

"Yes it is!" Igneel snapped, standing up as well.

"Your not mad at us! Your mad at yourself for not being there to protect her!! I understand how you feel! Since that day 13 years ago, I've never stopped feeling responsible for your mother's disappearance!" Igneel yelled, Natsu taken aback by his outburst.

Tears began dripping from Natsu's chin.

"...Why couldn't I be there to save her?" He breathed out shakily, burying his face in his hands.

Igneel frowned at his broken down son. He walked around his desk and hugged him, rubbing his back for comfort.

"You did everything you could. We all did. That's all anyone could do in that situation." Igneel spoke quietly.

Natsu nodded.

"Yeah."

                               -

Natsu awoke, laying in a never ending field of flowers. As he opened his eyes, the ever-so-flawless face of Lucy's became clear. She was looking down at him, his head resting on her lap.

"...Lu..ce..?" Natsu groggily spoke.

"Ohayo." Lucy smiled down at him.

"..W..What happened?" Natsu sat up, holding his head.

"Listen, Natsu." Lucy gently placed her hand over his.

He looked from their hands to her, very confused.

"Never trust Snow White's apples."

As she spoke, her body began fading into the air. Natsu's eyes were wide, staring at the disappearing girl in front of him.

He reached for her.

"Luce!!"

It was to late.

▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕

just a quick update ^

thx for reading ♡