Chapter 3

There was a long silence between Mrs. Smith and Alice. Finally, Mrs. Smith spoke, "In less than an hour."

Alice started panicking. She didn't want to be seen by the people in Londonderry. She hurried to gather her stuff, hug Mrs. Smith, says goodbye to Mrs. Smith, and get out of the town as fast as possible, which was going to be hard without being seen by people. Alice ran as fast as her feet could carry her. But as she was running the ground shock and a dark figure flew above her head. She didn't stop to investigate the strange figure it just made her run faster. Once Alice had reached the woods she ran a little bit further and then stopped to see if she could she the figure, but she couldn't see the figure anymore. So she decided to just to go to her secret little house and stay there then go home where some of her family was. Alice started running again, not near as fast as she had just gone. She had decided it was fine to be out in the dark for a little bit then being in Londonderry. After running for about 10 minutes she found her little hut. Inside the lights were on and Alice knew why. Alice's friend Jack was always worried about Alice. Alice ran in and she was right it was Jack making supper in case Alice had come home. When Jack turned around Alice ran towards him and hugged him, hard.

"Are you ever going to stop going on wild adventures?" Jack said.

"This wasn't an adventure. It was a hunting trip. And why should I stop going on adventures? I love to find fantasy things that you wouldn't find on a day where you go to town; you should try it sometime instead of staying at home and worrying what would happen if you went on an adventure. Adventures are fun, you should try it sometime." Alice said releasing Jack from the hug.

"I would but I have you to worry about before I do anything because of you're reckless and don't think before doing anything. All you do is go on adventures that you could get badly hurt on, but you don't care so you go and do whatever it is." Jack said getting louder with each word.

Then there was a long silence between the two. Then Jack couldn't bare the silence so he pulled Alice into another hug. Jack broke the silence by saying "Do you want something to eat. I'm starving."

"Sure," Alice said in agreement.

Jack had made a big supper. Jack ate at least half of it the food. Alice ate about one-fourth of the supper. The extra was given to both of their two dogs to eat. Then the rest was stored for tomorrow, to take to town and for supper again. As soon they finished the sun was coming up.

"I need to go to the village. I could use your help after you cheek in with your parents." Jack had said to Alice as they were leaving.

"You know I don't need to cheek in with my parents. Besides they won't care besides that they have more food and one more person to feed." Alice replied.

"You should cheek in with your parents they'll be happy to see you. You know that. I'm going to take you there and wait outside until you call my name and say you can come or you can't come." Jack said.

Alice knew she didn't have a choice anymore. So she just went along with it. They started to walk to the village. They took a short path through the woods.

"How long has it been since you last slept? Alice asked.

"Almost a full day. Why you never care about anything?" Jack said.

"I was just wondering. Why does it matter to you?" Alice answered

"It is just strange. Let's just get to the village and then we can talk about something else." Jack said.

The rest of the way to the village was filled with sounds of the wild. Alice hadn't told anyone of the weird figure in Londonderry. She wasn't planning to. Earlier she had told Jack that she cashed fantasy things. That figure was something she would have loved but she had turned it down. Something must have happened to Alice on that trip. She lost her touch. She was hoping the next she was out of the village she would get another chance, and she hoped it was soon.

Authors note

I know this is really long compared to the other two chapters, but I really liked this part and it was hard to stop the chapter. The writing is also not the best. I know this. I'm still getting used to typing it.