“Tired? Are you having trouble sleeping?” he asked worried.

 I gave him a small smile while I tried to think of a very suitable lie. A lie that could, and would, hide my unusual emotion. “Uh, yes. I have been having nightmares, ever since my birthday,” I quickly lied.

If I had to speak the truth and tell him how many nightmares I have actually had, and of what they were of, he might never look at me the same. I didn’t want to be the girl with the problems, the girl that was broken because of what life dealt her. Fate had dealt me a shit set of cards –losing my parents to merciless vampires, losing Luigi and now having to know that my parents’ murderers frequent the mansion and I can do nothing with a crowd. But, I refuse to bow down and meekly accept the cards I was dealt. I was stronger than that. There was no way on earth I would ever just accept what is dealt to me. I was too proud.

I looked back at Eli. He looked pained, almost as if he understood my plight. “Do you want me to sleep in your room with you?” he asked hesitantly.

I shook my head refusing his idea. “Thank you so much for the offer, but you shouldn’t have to suffer through it with me. But, I am truly grateful.” I was more than grateful, he was doing more than Alex or anyone else. Then with a quick glance at his face, I watched it fall. And my heart plummeted. “But I would love it if you stayed here with me,” I said and felt instantly better when he smiled.

We spent time talking and I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier and I was fighting against them. “Sleep, Livvy. I’m here,” he whispered in my ear. I obeyed and then as they shut, I faintly heard Eli murmur, “I’ll always be here,” but that might have been my imagination.  Yet, before I could overanalyse it, I fell asleep.

I wasn’t asleep for too long when I heard the laughter, the cars and the music. After weeks of so much of silence, it felt weird, alien. Although, I was still in the dreamy yet awake state. I was aware of what was going on around me, but I couldn’t see it. My body was asleep, but my mind was alert.

Then I heard it all quiet down, and I was back into my dream state. Shortly after that, I was rudely disturbed from a very beautiful dream.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?” Alex’s voice roared.

I jerked up and felt the Afghan slide down the sofa. I curled my legs and stood up disorientated. I looked down and found Eli with one arm outstretched and a dazed expression on his face. My shoes were on the floor as was Eli’s, but none of that could warrant Alex to yell like that.

I turned around and found him furiously standing behind the sofa with a beautiful redhead and Vasya as well as Antoine in tow. The redhead held onto Alex’s expensive suit jacket with a smile on her face, while Antoine and Vasya looked equally as mad as Alex. Yet, still, none of their expressions made sense to me. Why would they all be mad? And why was the –I realized belatedly that it was none of my business to question why women were in his mansion.

Smoothing down my hair, I looked at Alex in his face. “What’s wrong? Why are you screaming in the middle of the night?” I questioned him sleepily.

He turned his glare on me and if I weren’t as sleepy as I was, I would have been quivering with fear. Thank god for a slow brain after a rude awakening. His eyes were pitch black –the only other time I had ever seen it that way was the night I turned eighteen and the guy ripped my dress. “What the hell do you mean what is wrong? What in the world do you think is wrong?” he yelled at me.

His voice was filled with so much of anger and hurt that I felt bewildered to his meaning. Why was he angry? Why would he be hurt if he brought him a redhead? He would soon be fully fed and hopefully, she would be his queen.