"Oh? Now you have me intrigued. I look forward to it." Lexi offered a friendly wave before touching the mirror, hiding her mischievous grin until the glass went dark. She knew better than to get her hopes up about a love affair between Odessa and Poseidon, given Poseidon's playboy history, but signs were pointing in that direction.

With Hades taking the night shift at the gates, Lexi had the entire evening to spend how she wanted, and she made her way downstairs to see what the nymphs were up to. It was no surprise that Blythe was waiting to meet her in the foyer. The sunshine blonde nymph always seemed to know when Lexi was nearby, and often appeared out of the ether, offering her assistance with a smile.

"Good evening, Lady Lexi," Blythe said as she curtsied. "Can I be of service? Are you still hungry? Fiona saved you a serving of spaghetti squash and rosemary balsamic reduction from the evening meal."

"I ate plenty, thank you. If I'm not careful, I will outgrow everything I own."

Blythe gave Lexi's belly an affectionate pat. "You are eating for two now, mistress. It is okay to disregard your figure for a while. I wondered if you would like to consider a maternity wedding dress. We have plenty of fabric to accomplish it."

Lexi stared down at her belly, which bulged against her shirt. It appeared to have grown since she last checked, or maybe the increase was merely a result of stuffing herself at dinner. While she held no judgment against pregnant brides, Lexi had a vision of walking gracefully down the aisle, not waddling down it.

"No. I would like you to make the dress with the original measurements. Hades and I decided to push the wedding back to spring to give my body time to recuperate after the birth. We still need to choose a venue."

Lexi shuffled into the great room and plopped onto an overstuffed chair, crossing her legs under her. Blythe followed, alighting on the arm and observing Lexi with a motherly expression. This was accompanied by a hint of impatience, reminding Lexi of Hecate, but she would never point this out to Blythe.

"I hope you are not worried about Lord Hades finding you undesirable as your body changes, my Lady," Blythe finally offered. "I have never known him to judge someone based on appearances. Besides, he compares your beauty to the landscapes found only in the heavens. He told me so himself."

Without meaning to, Lexi snorted. She had never thought of her looks as anything more than appealing. A pretty face, but one that could get lost in a crowd, unlike Hades, who had the stunning features of... well, an Olympian. "Hades has a way with words, but I have never known him to be insincere. And, I'm not too worried about my figure. I have always been very active and I know I'll bounce back. I am more concerned about the aftermath... about motherhood."

"Ah, I see. An understandable concern. You are still very young, but you carry yourself like a goddess many years your senior, and your wit and intelligence are remarkable. I am sure Lord Hades was drawn to these traits. Did you know his daughter, Jocelyn, was your age when she had her first child? And, if I may speak frankly, she had not reached your level of maturity by then."

"You're talking about Phineus, aren't you? The son Jocelyn had by Poseidon. He owns The Argonauts Table in Olympus."

"Yes. Jocelyn brought Phineus to the underworld often when he was a youth, and Hades grew fond of his grandson. They got into a lot of mischief together."

"Why did Phineus stop visiting?"

"Well, as you may have learned from reading about your ancestors, he ran into a bit of trouble with Zeus and spent time in the mortal world paying a penance. Zeus eventually allowed him to return to Olympus, of course, and they have since mended the bridge that separated them. It was after his experience facing death by starvation that Phineus devoted his life to offering food to the gods."

"I suppose he wouldn't have much interest in visiting the underworld these days, huh?"

Lexi's tone definitely came out resentful, which she had not intended, and Blythe rested her hand on Lexi's shoulder. "You have been busy since you arrived home, my lady, and I can see how the distressing events of your visit with your family have exhausted you. Why don't you retire to your chamber and I will bring up a cup of chamomile tea."

Blythe hopped off the chair and extended her hand to help Lexi up. The exuberance that emanated from the nymphs never failed to cheer Lexi no matter what mood she was in. It was this way with the other inhabitants as well. The centaurs, the satyrs, and the minotaurs all treated Lexi with kindness and respect, and she believed any god who visited the underworld would feel the life more than the death. Had no other gods entertained the idea of living there permanently? Certainly, one of Hades' offspring had considered it. Or did the council nix all requests because most gods could not fulfill their duties within the confines of the underworld? A compromise had been made on Lexi's behalf, and Kade seemed to enjoy free rein between the two worlds. Surely, other concessions could be made.

As Lexi made her way up the curving staircase, following the path of sconces flickering with the eternal flame, an idea took root. An idea that rivaled The Legacy Council's grandiose agenda. If she was not able to bring Hades to Olympus, maybe she could bring Olympus to him.