Chapter Eleven: Chocolate Frog Cards

Hope didn't try to find the Mirror again, her fathers warning had done that. But it hadn't stopped her from dreaming about her family coming together as one. Another thing she couldn't get out of her head, was that Draco Malfoy must be related to her in some way. She knew that her mother, Bellatrix Lestrange, had two sisters, one of them (Andromeda) Hope had visited fairly frequently. But she'd never met the other, the woman had made no effort to contact Hope. She knew the only two people who could really answer her questions were either her father, or Draco Malfoy. Since the idea of speaking to Malfoy made her want to hit something, she decided to speak to her father instead. However, she'd had a very difficult time trying to track him down, he seemed to always be busy with something and was never in his office whenever she went to check. 

Now that term had started again, they found it increasingly more difficult to look for Flamel's name. Quidditch practices had also started up again, meaning that Harry was out almost every other night until late. 

They'd decided to give up searching for Flamels name for tonight and relax in the common room. Harry had gone out for Quidditch practice so it was just Hope, Hermione and Ron. They'd decided to use their time to play wizards chess. Hope and Ron had been trying to teach the others how to play, but Hermione was rather bad at the game and was yet to win a match. This also meant that it was rather difficult to convince her to start playing. Hope and Ron sat playing together while Hermione read a book beside them. 

"Don't talk to me for a moment", said Ron, as Harry tramped into the common room covered in mud, and clutching his broom, "I need to concen-" 

He faltered looking at Harrys expression. 

"What's the matter with you? You look terrible." 

Silently, Hope agreed. 

"Snapes refereeing our Quidditch match against Hufflepuff this weekend", Harry explained. Hope clasped a hand to her mouth. 

"Don't play", said Hermione at once, putting down her book. 

"Say you're ill", Ron added. 

"Pretend to have an injury", Hope suggested. 

"Pretend to break your leg?", Hermione said. 

"Really break your leg", said Ron. 

"I can't", Harry sighed, "there isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all." 

Out of the corner of her eye, Hope saw the portrait hole open and someone bunny hop inside. It was Neville, his legs had been stuck together using a Leg-Locker Curse. Hope quickly pulled out her wand and performed the counter curse. 

The rest of the common room burst into laughter, Hermione stood up as well to help Neville up. 

"What happened?", Hope asked. 

"Malfoy", Nevilles, voice was shaky, "I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice that on." 

Hopes insides burned with anger, as they always did when Malfoy was mentioned. 

"Go to Professor McGonagall!", Hermione said at once, "you've got to report him!" 

Neville shook his head, "I don't want any more trouble." 

"You've got to stand up to him, Neville!", Ron urged, "He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier." 

"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoys already done that", Neville looked on the verge of tears. 

"Don't listen to him Neville", Hope told him, "Malfoys just some pureblooded slimeball."