Loveless

"I don't love you anymore!" Harley screamed, then clamped a hand over her mouth, eyes wide. Quite often things spilled out when she was caught up in the heat of the moment, but never something like this.

"Do you mean it?" Joker asked her, his pale eyes blank, yet threatening at the same time.

Harley felt the temperature of the room drop, she shook her head frantically, and ran over to her Puddin, who was standing on the other side of the room.

"I'm sorry, Puddin, truly. I didn't mean it, I swear." She sobbed into his chest, only to be pushed away roughly.

"It had to stem from something."

"I just don't like it when you hit me, it hurts, you know?" But Joker didn't know, he didn't know that each and every time he struck her, a little bit of her died, yet her loyalty stayed as strong as ever. If there was one thing Harley was good at, it was staying loyal.

"You don't like it when I hit you." He repeated thoughtfully, his demeanour hadn't changed a bit, and Harley could feel that they were in for another fight. "But you have to be taught a lesson, yes? I don't want to hurt you, Pooh, but I have to, otherwise you won't ever learn."

"But I try my best."

Joker pulled her to him and began to stroke her head soothingly, her blonde hair was soft, which was unusual for bleached hair, but he supposed she took care of it, obviously better than her mental wellbeing.

"I know, Pooh, I know you do, and you do so well all the other times, don't you? What would I be without you?"

"Oh, Mistah J, you'd have found someone else though." Harley said, cuddling into him slightly.

"None as good as you, but maybe they would have loved me more."

"No! Puddin! I love you more than anyone could, I swear!" Harley pulled away, shocked that he would think she didn't love him enough. Hadn't she given her entire life to him? What more could he want from her to prove her feelings?

"Really? Then why did you say you didn't love me anymore?" Joker held her face tightly, lifting her chin so she could look him in the eye, Harley whimpered slightly, his grip was going to make small bruises, and he hated bruises.

"I- I didn't mean it, Puddin."

Joker laughed sharply, then slapped her, her head spun, and her cheek began burning. He pushed her onto the floor and prepared himself to continue hitting her, but Harley had had enough.

"No!" She screamed, "You are not going to keep doing this."

Joker paused, then crouched down, Harley jumped up, accidentally knocking his chin with her knee, he snarled and chased her as she ran around the room.

"Harley! Get over here now!"

"Or what? You'll hit me? No sir, I'm not going anywhere near you, I could do this all day, Puddin." Harley giggled, opening a door and slamming it behind her.

She ran through the hideout, it was a large one, and she didn't know how to get from a certain room to another yet, but she figured that if she kept running, she would get to the front door eventually.

"Harley!" Joker yelled, opening the door she had just shut, Harley turned around.

"See Puddin, you're a loveless monster, that's just what you are, and I accepted that, I get it, you're too far gone to actually understand the concept of 'love'. But it's not fair that you expect me to always love you, if you never even try to reciprocate, we are both incredibly smart, I had a doctorate, you've created some pretty complex plots. So why are we going around in circles? It's a one-sided relationship, you've been manipulating me since day one, and to be completely fucking honest, I'm tired of all of your shit, I'm done with this, I'm done with you teaching me fucking 'lessons' like I'm a fucking child." Harley turned and walked into the next room, hearing the familiar sounds of Joker's shoes against the carpet, "Honestly? Just go fuck yourself."

And with that, she left