Philophobia #7

Author's Note:

My prayers go to people in Hurricane Matthews, I hope you guys are okay and safe. I got called sassy today by one of my friends. Some trend is happening in my life. First I get called sarcastic and now I get called sassy... what's next? So I finally got my retainers today after so many years of suffering from braces. So that's a good thing :D. This whole clown thing around the country is creeping me out. I'm already scared of clowns and I feel like if I ever see a clown again, I'll have a panic attack. (It's not out of no reason at all... it's something that happened to me as a child). There was a kid in a middle school near where I live who brought a clown mask to school with two knives in their backpack... it was all over the news AND there were multiple sightings of clowns around my state. ;-;

-=-=-=-=-
*Unedited*

Annalise Oscar

December 31st, 2016

Christmas passed by like a blast, it was filled with egg nog and just holiday spirit in general. I spent my Christmas with Paisley, Gareth, and Ruby. Ruby doesn't have any family around Michigan since she moved up here from Florida.

Today was New Year's Eve, the day of partying for most people... Well not for me at least, I don't plan on partying. I'll probably lounge around on my bed and wait till midnight to watch the ball drop on television. I know, it's pretty sad. My phone began ringing in the next room over. I groaned and got off the couch and went into my bedroom to get my ringing phone. I looked on the screen to see 'Ruby' and then answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi Anna," Ruby's voice echoed on the other line.

"Anna?" I questioned, chuckling. "Like Anna from Frozen?"

"No silly, like Anna as in Annalise...YOUR NAME," She replied, laughing. "Anyways, I'm coming over in an hour."

"I'm guessing I don't have a say in this," I commented.

"Nope. See you in an hour," She said before hanging up on me.

I glared at the phone, imaging her face on it. She hung up on my before I could even say bye to her. My mind drifted off to these past few days. Ruby and I have gotten so much closer and we are literally treating each other like sisters. I mean, I used to have friends like Ruby but it took much longer for us to actually treat each other like sisters. Ruby and I, we just clicked these past couple days. I sighed stayed in my outfit that I've been in for the majority of the day since it was my day off. My PJs are literally the comfiest thing ever. It's a pink and white chevron onesie with a hood and bunny ears.

*One hour later*

I waited for the door to come bursting open. I left the door unlocked, expecting Ruby to just burst into my apartment. If I didn't leave it unlocked, then she'll literally pound on my door making it seem like it will fall off the hinges while swearing at me constantly.

As expected, she came in my apartment holding a big beach bag of some sort which looked like it was filled to the brim with objects a couple of minutes later.

"Hey," She said, rushing over to lead me to my bedroom.

"Hey?" I questioned, looking at what she was doing.

She pushed me onto my bed and plopped her beach bag right next to me. She turned her bag over and everything spilled out of it. Including a couple of dresses, makeup, and shoes.

"You my friend are coming to the New Year's Party that Tristian Romanov is hosting at his house for everyone that's of the age between 21-25 years old in the city," She stated. (I'm not sure what age I originally said Annalise is or if I ever made an age for her, but I'm making it 23 years old).

"But---," I began before I got rudely interrupted.

"No buts, no nothing from you," She said. "You're going to go to the party with me. I'm not taking any buts or excuses."

She threw three dresses at my face and signaled me to go to the bathroom and change into them. "Show me when you change," She said before she shooed me out of my own bedroom.

I sighed and walked to my ensuite bathroom. I threw on a pink lacey dress with a little struggle on the zipper that was on my back. Once I was done, I walked out of the bathroom and showed Ruby.

"No. That doesn't look right for you," Ruby said bluntly. "In again you go."

I growled in frustration and took it off and did the same for the other two dresses. One was really short and tight and another one was a golden yellow dress with a cute gold design on the top half of the dress.

 One was really short and tight and another one was a golden yellow dress with a cute gold design on the top half of the dress

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Ruby squealed when she saw me walk out of the bathroom with the golden yellow dress. "That's the dress! Now get over here and sat on the bed."

"Yes ma'am," I said sarcastically while walking over to my bed and sitting down.

She began working on my face. She applied a face primer, concealer, eye primer, smokey eye shadow, black liquid eye liner, mascara, and a light blush to my face. It seemed like an awful amount of makeup to me but I didn't say anything.

"I'm done, go look at yourself in the mirror," She said.

I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. 'Wow' I thought. My eyes stood out from the rest of my face.

I walked back out in my bedroom and saw that Ruby had changed into her dress which was a black medium length dress with a gold belt on her waist. She was doing her own makeup.

*A couple of hours later*

We finally finished getting ready for the party and Ruby pulled me out of my apartment before pushing me into her car shortly after. We began heading to wherever Tristian's house was located.

When we got there, the music was booming loudly. The music could be heard and his house was isolated in a whole area. It was located in a small forest like area next to a big lake. Drunk people littered throughout the lawn and a crowd of people could be seen from the windows in the front of the house.

I sighed before I looked at Ruby and began walking into the house with her. Tristian stood right next to the open door, greeting everyone.

"Hi Annalise," He grinned. "Oh hi...?" He trailed off when he looked over to Ruby.

"It's Ruby," She said, completing his sentence.

"Well, hello there Annalise and Ruby, I hope you guys will have a grand time. Alcohol is in the fridge, juice is on the counter and iced water is in the cooler on the kitchen counter. There's people doing body shots later on in the party," He said.

I nodded while Ruby smiled at him. Without looking back at him, Ruby and I began maneuvering through the crowd.

-TO BE CONTINUED IN MONDAY'S UPDATE-

-=-=-=-=-

Until next time,

The_Infinity

(oh wow, I just realized how long it's been where I signed off in a chapter)

-=-=-=-=-

Statistics:

Words: 1,246

Paragraphs: 50