Chapter #9: Charismatic Mockery

"What the Hell was that?!?"

"What...? Did you not like me offering up my body to someone else...?" He mock-pouted at me.

I grabbed his shirt collar. "I'm freaking serious! All you are is a narcissistic, egotistical asshole! I wish I'd never met you!" I then shoved him back and stomped away.

"Jasmine, wait!" His tone was then desperate as he visit up to me with a jog.

"It's Jessica, idiot."

I then realized he was no longer running at my side, and turned around to see him on his hands and knees. I stopped running away to see what that was all about.

"Please, Jess... I really need your help with tutoring."

A little part of me broke when he said my nickname, but I stood strong. "Maybe you should've told Mrs. Tawl about your issue instead of getting us expelled." I began to walk away, again. Until he drew my attention back to him.

"Have you ever heard of a jock with a tutor? It's a complete joke! I would be laughed at by everyone!"

"I don't see why I should help you, anyway. Quit trying to win me over."

"Please, Jess... My dad's gonna kill me if I don't get my grades up..."

I clenched my teeth, trying to resist, but I couldn't.

His damn charisma.

"Okay... I'll do it. I don't exactly have anything better to do, anyway."

"Oh, please. You probably have a plethora of things to do."

"You'd be surprised." I raised an eyebrow. "Plethora?"

"I picked at least a little up from the English vocabulary list. You'd be surprised." He winked with a smirk, warming my heart as we began to walk to his house. His mocking me was oddly charming.

No. I could never fall for a guy like him.