Chapter 2

"Hurry up you two you're gonna be late for school!" I heard Amy yell from the kitchen, which caused me to shake my head and put me out of my trance. I slung my bag over my shoulder and closed my bedroom door behind me. 

I was slow going down the stairs, waking up this early isn't a daily thing for me. I liked sleeping in and staying up late. But school always got in the way of that. Also the nagging from my dad about me getting a job. Things aren't what you want them to be when you get older, you're gonna have to grow up sometime. 'I'll go get an application after school today' I thought to myself as I slipped on my black and white converse. 

"See ya later," I said to my parents as I walked out the door to my car. I took one step off of the patio before I heard heels clicking quickly on the sidewalk. I looked down the road a bit and saw Shadow running toward me, waving. 

"Austin! Ohayogozaimasu!" Shadow yelled from across the road. 

"Morning Shadow," I called back with a smile on my face. She looked both ways then ran across the road to meet me and chanted, "First day of school! First day of school!" I laughed and opened the door for her. Shadow's my best friend. She's goth, and oddly enough still is as happy as a little girl when she holds a kitten. Her hair is blonde with black roots, she usually has some black extensions put in the back of her hair. She teased her hair into a messy poof and you could tel she used a lot of hair spray just from looking at it. You'll usually see her in a lolita dress, more of the goth type rather than classic lolita. Or when she feels like it she'll wear skinny jeans and a band tee. 

"What's all this excitement about?" I chuckled and walked over to the drivers side, pulling out my keys. "I wanna see Alex! I haven't seen that motherfucker in forever!" Shadow exclaimed, opening her door.

"You mean that transgender freak from school?" Erik asked from the backseat, Shadow sat down and looked Erik right in the eye. " Don't you even fucking talk about Alex like that." Then she turned around and was silent for most of the ride. Alex was Shadow's boyfriend. She stood up for him all the time ever since he had started cross dressing and acting more masculine. 

Shadow, without a word, took out my cd's and put in an Asking Alexandria disk. She turned it up loud, I could tell just to annoy Erik. Erik hates rock and almost anything around the genre. Though I could swear I saw him bobbing his head to the beat when I looked in my rear view mirror. Shadow sang along with the songs as me drove to school, and the music came to an end as I pulled into the parking lot and shut off the car. Erik quickly unlocked his door and got out 'Finally, enough of this fucking screamo shit,' He mumbled, slamming the door behind him before he quickly walked up to the school. 

'Fuck you too asshole," Shadow yelled at him as he walked, then looked at me, "He's just jealous we've got taste in music." I laughed and grabbed my bags. "Hey I have to tell you something," I said quietly as we were walking up to the school. 'What is it?" She questioned, walked in front of me then stopped, facing me. 

I looked around reluctantly, "I could swear Erik was checking me out this morning," I stuttered and blushed a little. Shadow laughed and almost dropped her things, "HIM? Check you out?" She laughed hysterically and tried to compose herself, "That's disgusting he's your brother!" I nodded,"Yeah but technically we're not blood related so it wouldn't phase a thing." Shadow shook her head then we walked into the school. Suddenly I remembered, Erik's quest to get me out to the whole school. 

"Hey fag!" i heard a voice say from behind us and I hung my head a little, feeling the stinging sensation arise in my chest. Shadow grabbed my arm and walked towards the boy who had spat rude remarks to me. 'Say that to my face you asshole! You wanna go? You think you can just criticize him because of this sexuality? No," She pushed a bony finger into his chest and let go of my arm, lunging forward at the larger man. He quickly walked away, trying to make it look casual as he starred at her with a disgusted look. "That's right motherfucker, you run." 

Shadow had told me that no matter what happens she'd always have my back. She did come in handy when you really wanted to get to someone though. I love her so much and am so happy she's my friend. Soon afterward we walked into the school entrance, which led right into the lunch room. As soon as I stepped foot in, I heard a group of people start laughing. That soon escalated to most of the lunch room. I looked around awkwardly and hung my head a little. Damn Erik had already gotten it out. Then I looked up.

"STEP ASIDE BITCHES. THE MOTHERFUCKING BLACK PARADE HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING AND IF YOUR IN THE WAY I WONT HESITATE TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR SLUTTY ASSES." Shadow yelled, then grabbed my arm and lead me through the now silent crowd.