30: Don't look at me like that!

Start from the beginning

But at least in this little moment of ours, we discovered ourselves and I was able to discover the kind of friends I have. They were.....sort of different, they all go through shit but then they pretend like it doesn't matter. They brace themselves and try to be happy all the time.

Who knew the handsome guitar playing kid with brown eyes was an orphan, or the weird twins with totally different characters but still funny as ever had an elder brother with cancer, or the handsome blue eyed kid who went through major shit. And well me.....I don't even want to talk about myself.

I'm changed now, I'm not that grumpy girl with no friends and no care for anyone in the world. Though I'll still wear black and I'll still be rude when necessary and I won't still take shit from anyone, I'm glad to say that I'm different and I have Eric...😃😃.

I hopped down from Eric's bike after he dropped me at home. I pulled of the helmet handing it to him and not even bothering to rearrange my hair.

"Don't you want to come inside and say hi to everyone before you leave?" I asked him.

"Nahh" he shook his head. "I have to get home, my dad had been ringing me all day"

"Ohhh" I said quietly "Does he still......"

"No" Eric said immediately. "I mean not in a while, he hasn't had any reason to"

I gave him a look of concern and Eric gave an exasperated sigh.

"Don't look at me like that" he said.

"Like how?" I was confused

"With pity, like you're pitying me and it's annoying"

"I wasn't looking at you like that" I defended. "With pity as you say" I put the pity in air quotes.

"Yes you were" he said again.

"Shut the hell up, you're saying shit" I was getting annoyed because I didn't really get this pity look Eric was accusing me off. What's the big deal anyways if I was actually looking at him like that.

"I'm not saying shit, you're just overreacting"

I gave Eric an unbelievable look

"Overreacting? How the hell am I overreacting? You're the one who started this, I know today was quite shitty but that doesn't mean you should come at me like that. Besides who fights on their first day over something this stupid?"

Eric ran his hands through his hair as I finished my rant. I didn't know why Eric was acting so sensitive over stuff and saying I was overreacting when I was clearly not. It's the freaking first day of our relationship and we're already fighting over something stupid. I really like Eric and I know a lot of things are bothering him but this was rather unnecessary.

"I'm sorry" Eric sighed.

"Goodnight Eric" I said rather forced and turning to leave.

"No goodnight kiss?"

"Go home Eric" I said in a low tone but loud enough for Eric to hear.

I was welcomed into the house with a mini scream from Juliana.

"Why are you screaming?" I asked her.

"What happened to you? Are you hurt anywhere?"

It took me some few seconds to realize that she was talking about the blood stains on my jeans short. I wiped the ones on my laps and hands but I didn't do anything about the ones on my shorts.

"It's not my blood, some stuff happened in school and someone was injured. Nothing you should be bothered with"

"Are you sure you're not hurt?" She asked again.

"Jeez! I'm fine"

"Dinner?" I asked.

"Your room" she told me and I turned to leave.

"And Cheryl" she called me back.

"Our family was invited to this A-list part and it's a big honour"

"So...do I have to attend?" I said rather not interested, I've never been to all this A-list, rich family stuff. This was a new life to me.

"Yes....you have to and with a date"

"A date? It's not prom" the date thing was even making me more uninterested. "Can't I just go with Tyler or just skip the whole thing"

"What do you mean?" Juliana hit my arm playfully. "Get ready we're going shopping tomorrow"

"Whatever, as long as it doesn't involve a dress" I said walking off. I wasn't a fan of dresses and gowns, I could look good on them but I think I was more comfortable wearing my crop top and shorts but I don't think I could wear those for this occasion. There should definitely be something else for me.

I had a really long day so I just took a cold shower and ate my dinner. I studied a little, did my homework and said a little prayer for Chelsea before I decided to go to bed.

I was putting my phone to charge when I received a text from Eric.

Will you forgive me if I took you to Disneyland?

I was about texting a reply when he started calling, I picked it up immediately and there came a lame singing of Justin Bieber's sorry. I mentally face palmed, maybe his singing was not that lame but it was just funny hearing Eric sing.

"Oh God! I'm sorry" Eric said when he finally stopped singing. "I was acting like a total douchebag and being stupid. Let's just forget this happened and move on"

"You got the douchebag and stupid part right, but it's okay" I told him. "You're kind of forgiven but I still want to go to Disneyland"

"Yea sure but before Disneyland will you be my date for the A-list stuff"

"Ohhh you know about it?"

"Yea and I need to be there because of my dad and I was asked to bring a date"

Oh God! I definitely need to go shopping tomorrow with Juliana.

"Who else am I going to go with except you?"

"That's the sweetest thing you've ever said" Eric told me

"Shut up and goodnight" I yelled.

"And you keep ruining the moment babe"

"Whatever goodnight! Dream of me"

"Always" Eric chuckled before ending the call.

This A-list stuff better be as fun as I hope it is........