Chapter 73 Never again

Start from the beginning

***

“Sweet dreams,” Taryn whispered and traced her son’s cheek with her index finger. He was growing so fast. The blue eyes had turned into Itachi’s onyx orbs. When he’d grow up, he would look just like his father, she was sure of it.

Taryn sighed and bit her lip. After all this time, she still missed him terribly.
Soundlessly she slipped out of the room and closed the door. It was still early evening, Sasuke was in his room, perhaps she could visit Itachi’s grave for a moment.
Suddenly her head snapped up. For a moment she had sensed something, but it was gone now.

She glanced around cautiously. No visitor would hide their presences unless they meant harm.
She knew better than to call out. She didn’t want her intruder to know she had found them out.
She casually moved to the kitchen counter and started putting things away while unobtrusively activating her Byakugan. Whoever it was, was hiding their presence well.
Her hand crawled across the counter until it reached a kitchen knife. In one swift movement, she hurled it across the room, It hit the back wall with a loud thud and stayed stuck in the wooden boards.

“And I was so sure I’d hidden my chakra completely.” The air swirled for a moment and a broad shinobi appeared in the living room. He smirked at her evilly.
“What do you want?” Taryn growled while carefully making sure she didn’t have any other unwelcome guests.
“Don’t worry, sugar. This doesn’t have to take long. Just hand over Uchiha. You’ve made your point. We went through war, now we’re at peace. There’s no need to him to live any longer.”
Taryn narrowed her eyes. “You’re not getting him.”
“Don’t be difficult,” the shinobi cooed, “think of your son.”
“Don’t threaten my child,” Taryn hissed through her teeth.
“I’m just stating a fact,” he shrugged.
“Get out of my house,” Taryn growled.
The shinobi narrowed his eyes. “I’m not leaving without Uchiha.” 
“Suit yourself,” Taryn hissed, “but I warned you.” She charged forward. The shinobi easily evaded her and chuckled. “It won’t be that easy, sugar. I know about Byakugan. I’ve encountered it before.” 
Taryn grinned and stopped at the opposite wall. “Who said I was going to use Byakugan?”  She tugged the knife from the wall. “Wind Style: Silver Wind.” She slashed the knife at him, sending a razor sharp wind jutsu at him. 
He ducked, but still took a few severe cuts. The rest of the hit was taken by several pieces of furniture.
The man glared at her, but then shifted his eyes to the side, to the bedroom door, and he smirked. He made a move towards the door, but was cut off by the knife Taryn had thrown at him. 
She used the second he needed to regain himself to form a few hand seals and vanish.
She reappeared behind him and slammed her flat hand against his back.
The shinobi groaned and whirled around. He grabbed her and slammed her against the wall.
In the bedroom, Ichiru started crying.
Taryn gritted her teeth and kneed her attacker. He let go of her and she kicked him backwards.
He came to a halt on the other side of the room. He lifted his hands and formed a series of hand seals. “Lightning Style: Electronic Current!” 
‘Wind Style: Vortex!” Taryn countered the attack, but was still thrown off her feet. She gasped for breath when the jutsu hit her shoulder.
“Don’t be stubborn, sugar. Just give up Uchiha Sasuke. What is he to you anyway?”
“That’s not the issue here,” Taryn said while crawling to her feet, “I won’t let you get him.” 
The shinobi shrugged. “I admire your determination, but I have orders.” 
“From who? Who sent you?” 
“That’s not important.” 
Ichiru cried even harder and Taryn glanced at the door. She wanted to comfort him, make sure he was safe, but she couldn’t go to him until she had gotten rid of this enemy. She cried in pain when a shuriken embedded itself in her right leg.
“Stay focused sugar.” 

The door to the hallway opened and Sasuke stepped in the room. He looked at Taryn and then at the intruder. He narrowed his eyes. “Who are you and what do you want?”
The shinobi grinned and ran at Sasuke.
Taryn bit her lip and plucked the shuriken from her leg. She threw it at the intruder.
He turned and countered it with a kunai dagger.
With a smirk he turned back to Sasuke, who ducked his fist at the last moment.
“Sasuke!” Taryn called, “take Ichiru and get away!” 
“You’re not going anywhere!” the shinobi yelled. He threw a punch at Sasuke again, who dodged did a back spring and a leg swipe. 
The man narrowed his eyes. “Impossible,” he said, “you shouldn’t be able to dodge that.” He narrowed his eyes and made a single hand seal. “When?” he gasped. He glared at Taryn. “What did you do?! You treacherous bitch! You undid the seal!”