Chapter Two

The bell rings to notify that school is over for the day. I slowly got up and walk out of the classroom, heading to my locker. Placing my school belongings inside, hearing the loud chatter and walking of the others in this place. I simply look at my phone as I wait for most of the people to be gone. Every minute that goes by the sound becomes quieter, soon leaving only a few steps left echoing throughout the halls. Now I know that most of the students and even most of the staff were gone. I put my phone into my back pocket, grabbed my bag heading my way to the school's pool.

...

Finishing up a good few laps in the pool, I let myself float in the middle of the pool to catch my breath. As I lay there, I close my eyes to free my mind from everything. I felt at peace, but lonely. I let myself sigh at the thought. I put myself underwater not breathing. Feeling the water enter my ears, hearing the water jets. This is just such a calming place to be in. I'm getting way better at staying under for a long time. Even Though I'm the captain and better than a lot of the members of the swim team there is always room to improve. It's not only me, but my whole team is pretty good. They are happy to have me, but are distance. After a while staying in the water. I guess it's time to start heading home, so I got out of the pool and went straight to my phone to see what the time it is. Instead of the time I look at the message I got.

Marie
~Hey dude. Come over... we need to talk

Just give me about an hour.I'll message you when I'm heading to your place.~

Marie Kanker. The girl who use to be obsessed with me always calling me her boyfriend and kissing me. I always thought of her to be scary, but things changed. In late Junior High, her family had to move away and after that I never saw her. One night at a bridge out of Peach Creek we met once again. Things changed between us that night. Now she's basically the only friend I have that's close to me. My other "friends" are just Jimmy and Johnny. That's another story. People in Peach Creek High don't really talk to me. Which is not a bad thing at all. I really like it. I guess you can say the others are just afraid of me. For that reason, I've changed in High school. Before then I was a nerdy kid everyone use to know and get along with to an extent.

Now I'm not that kid anymore. A man with an attitude towards many people. A whole new act that hides my old self and many other things. With that I became a swimmer. People started to notice me more. When I noticed that I like swimming a lot and it seem to be one of my talents, I tried out the swim team before the change. First they all laughed at me, saying I was worthless and couldn't do it. That summer is when my changed happened. I worked out to become even better, trying to get rid of my old self. After that summer, people finally noticed me in a different matter. It was weird at first. Anyways I tired out again and the coaches loved me and even the other swimmers, except had a few mean glares, which I didn't care. I was just so happy that I was finally except with the new environment. Even with that, puberty hit me and being more toned, I was good looking because I notice girls would stare and whisper whenever I walk past, and the football team just glares at me and cover the girls from my view and their view. Haha like I'm even interested in them. Sorry just not my type or even the way I swing. Even though everyone in the school "Knows" me I feel lonely, non-existence and that's my fault. I guess you can say it always been a feeling I had. The reason why I say it's my fault is because I'm scared to get hurt again and just prefer to be alone...I wish I wasn't such a complicated person, I can't even explain what I want.

I put my phone for a sec to grab my towel to dry then headed to the locker room. I open the locker room door and I heard that I hit something with the door. I thought I was alone. Kevin Barr. Why would he be here? Why does he look so beaten up? wait....