Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

It made more sense that he was telling the truth than that he was lying. Besides, I really had no reason to doubt him. After all that had happened lately, I couldn’t think of a single reason. Also, relationships were based on trust, after all. I just had to trust him on this one. “I know. I just got so freaking mad when I saw that…” 

He laughed and said, “Too bad I wasn’t there. You’re hot when you’re jealous and mad.”

I rolled my eyes. “No, it’s a good thing you weren’t here, or I might have snapped at you.”

“That’s true… never mind, then!”

I just snickered. 

“I’m going to fire that dumbass as soon as I can get a hold of him,” Christian muttered in annoyance. “He doesn’t know about us, but he still had no reason to start dumb rumors.” 

This sparked an idea in me. “Wait, no, don’t fire him.” 

“What?” he asked, sounding very surprised. 

I smiled slyly. “Don’t fire him yet…” 

Christian now sounded wary. “Why? Soph, what do you have in mind?” 

“Oh, nothing. Just a little revenge. I think it’ll have to be a double dosage of revenge, though, because I still haven’t gotten him back for what he did a while back.” 

“What are you going to do?” He sounded very wary now. He knew how things went when I wanted revenge. He had experienced it first-hand. 

“I’m going to get him back, of course.”

As one plan began to form in my head—a simple plan that didn’t affect him as much as I would have liked— another joined it. Oh, this was going to be good. The first one was more of a way to fix things, but the second one… oh; the second one was definitely something I could have some fun with. 

“God, I don’t think I even want to know what you have in mind,” Christian said bluntly.

“Too bad. I’m going to need your help, most likely. And Tori’s… Mmm, yes, and Tori’s. Don’t fire Frank until I tell you to.” 

“But Soph—” 

“Figure out when you and Cassandra are being featured on the John Stavros Show and then text me, okay?” 

He sighed in defeat. “Alright, I will.” 

“Good.” I grinned. “I’ll talk to you later, Chrissy.” 

“Yes, you will, Soapy.” 

My mouth dropped open. It seemed as if he had found his nickname… “We’ll discuss that nickname of yours later. Bye, Chrissy.”

He just laughed and said, “Bye, Soapy.”

I hung up, still smiling. I looked up and saw Tori with her right hand pressed over her mouth as she silently freaked out. When she realized I was done talking, she took her hand off and squealed loudly. “Ohmygod, that was so cute! Even though I could only hear you! Aww! I’m so happy for you and I’m glad you guys worked things out!” 

I was about to reply when something dawned on her. 

“Wait, wait, wait… did you say that you were going to need my help for this revenge of yours?”

“I did,” I said, nodding once. “We’ll discuss that later.” 

“What?” she exclaimed, shaking her head wildly. “No, no, we’ll discuss it right now!”