Chapter One

It was the night of my seventeenth birthday. Most people think about parties or presents when they hear that phrase. Not for me. I was just strolling along, biding my time aside the riverbank. I paused and looked in the shimmering depths of the water. It was rather pretty, the way that the moon reflects off it... My reflection was of a sixteen- no wait, seventeen year old girl with a white mask [LIKE IN THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA] covering half of her face, a navy blue cloak with hood and a sea blue tunic. I looked up. I was too exposed here. Where should I hide? What about in those trees there? That should do. I ran over to the forest, hoping no one had spotted me.

-=:TOBY'S POV:=-

Camp wasn't doing so well. A hoard of creepers somehow got into the machine area and are running amock.
"Ready, Toby?" Martyn asked beside me.
"Maybe..." I replied, looking at the monsters before us.
"D'ya want me to help?" I heard an unfamiliar voice behind us enquire. A girl about my age stood there, a hand on one of her hips. Martyn immediately got his sword out and threatened our visitor.
"Who the hell are you?"
"Just a traveller. Anyway, do you know where someone, called Lucas, is? He sorta looks like this." She held up a piece of paper which held a brilliant drawing of a younger version of Rythian.
"He must be around 23 now." The mysterious girl helped. I thought for a moment.
"I'll tell you who he is in exchange for one piece of information; What is your name?"
"Okay, I'll tell you, but give me the address first, or no deal."
"His name is Rythian, he lives around that-a-way." I said. The girl raised her eyebrow.
"Do you think I'd tell you my name?" She asked, genuinely. I nodded slightly.
"The name's Muriel, and by the way, the creepers are gone." She winked. I returned the favour and looked back. I guess she was right, they were gone.

-=:MURIEL'S POV:=-

I ran in the direction the boy said. I couldn't really call him a boy, I suppose. He was about the same age as me, but oh well. An hour passed, and I was starting to doubt what he had said.

"If he was lying..." I grumbled, breathing in the chilly night air. Another half hour passed and I swore that I'd kill Toby (metaphorically), but then I saw it. A huge black castle protruded out of the sand and loomed over the surrounding landscape. An emblem of a mushroom and a red-matter pickaxe was pictured on the front, above the double-doors, significantly small in comparison with the rest of the structure. 

I knew this was the place.