Chapter 12

Wow! 1.24 K reads! Thanks so much for the votes, comments, follows and views I've been receiving. It really means a lot to me and makes my day. I really hope this book can live up to my reader's expectations. I'm really trying hard to write chapters and publish them on time, sometimes writing parts at midnight so I could get chapters out at times. Balancing projects, homework writing AND horseback riding is tough! I'm sure a lot of you can relate. However, the feedback I've been getting is incredible thank you so much and please enjoy this chapter :3

Chance's POV
"Chance! Levi! Wait!" Hange stopped us before we could exit the cave.

"What is it?" I glared.

"No matter how much you guys want and deserve revenge.. It would be more helpful for humanity if we were to keep him alive.." Hange states.

"We could take him back to base and get Erwin to deal with the matter, he has the best judgement out of all of us." She insists.

"That's true.." I calmed myself a little from my little explosion.

  "But... He needs to be dead.." I gripped my swords shakily.

  "I understand! But Chance! Use your better judgement! The dead cannot come back to life. If Erwin decides on killing him we will. If there is nothing for him to serve for humanity we can do whatever we want to him! Levi you too! Come on!" Hange pleaded.

  "Shitty Glasses is right Chance." Levi slides his swords back.

  "I know about you Chance." Hange smiled slightly.

  "You don't kn-" I started to snap back.

  "Isabel and Farlan were your friends too right?" She asked.

  "Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief.

  "I knew them you know.." Hange explained.

  "Oh right.. You would've be there too wouldn't you." I realized.

  "I picked up on the fact that you seemed to get along with Levi the best. I mean usually people would get along with either everybody or a specific friend but Shorty's not really your typical bff." She laughed.

  "Right.." I said uncertainly.

"Hange you are way smarter then I originally gave you credit for." I smiled.

"We will bring him back to base." Levi decides rashly.

"Jaeger that'll be your job make sure he doesn't escape-" Levi was cut off.

"Stop treating him as if he was some kind of wild beast!" Eren yelled.

"H-he's still my father!" He mumbled as tears gathered up at the corners of his eyes.

I sighed and realized that his feelings were understandable.

"J- Eren.. I understand how you could feel overwhelmed by this, however, don't group your personal ties into this. He's clearly responsible for his and didn't deny it, therefore we have no other choice to take precautions." I worded my explanation so that it wouldn't come off as something too harsh.

"You- you called me Eren.. Are you opening up to me?" Jaeger wiped his tears away.

"Don't push it Jaeger." Levi snaps angrily.

"I'm sorry Heichou." Jaeger mumbled.

"Anyway. Jaeger, he's going with you on your horse, family ties may come in handy this time knowing that a father would never lay a hand on his own flesh and blood." Levi demands.