Part 12: The end?

Cory's POV

The second I opened my eyes I knew something was wrong. There was just that feel. I laid on a bunk and slowly I turned my head to look around. I was in a cell that had bars and plain grey walls. I looked at my clothes and saw I had a red jumpsuit on. I sat up and went over to the bard and rattled them.

"HELLO?" I yelled. The shuffling of feet shut me up. Wardens walked by with three people wearing jumpsuits like mine in front of them. The wardens wore blue caps and black jumpsuits. The prisoners all looked similar to each other. Their hair was buzz cut close to their head and there eyes looked hollow and empty. The prisoners looked strong but tired, the way solders look when they've lost a battle.

"Watch it!" One of wardens yelled out and smacked one of the prisoners with his baton. It hit them in the face but they didn't speak or grunt or anything, just kept walking. Another baton hit them, then another and another. All of the wardens were so distracted by this prisoner that another prisoner was able to get a baton. They whacked the wardens on their heads and managed to get another baton. They threw it to the last prisoner who, after getting their hands on it, spun around and hit a warden in the face.

There was a sick crunch and the warden toppled backwards, blood streaming down his face. The other wardens yelled and panicked. The first prisoner then yanked a baton away from a warden and began hitting the wardens heads like he was a baseball player. A few fell to the ground and the rest ran away. The prisoners had blood on their faces and they stared at me. They then looked at each other and began making hand signs. Finally one with purple hair and blue eyes walked over to my bars. I stood my ground and our faces were inches away.

"You wanna get out of here?" Their voice was husky. I nodded and studied their face. It was covered in blood, bruises and cuts, making them look like someone in a war.

"Alright then." They turned and faced the other two. They made some more hand signs then the two others stepped forward. They all placed their hands on the bars and pulled. There was a creaking sound and dust fell from the ceiling. Then a few snaps and some of the bars were off my cell.

"Thanks." I said, slipping through the bars. I turned to run off but a hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned and looked at someone. They had one brown eye and the other eye was cloudy with blindness. A cut ran across their blind eye and up into their blond hair. They shook their head no.

"I have to go." Their eyes watched me with disapproval. A groan came from one of the wardens and the last prisoner stomped on their face.

"Cory." I looked back at the person staring at me.

How do they know my name?

"Do you remember who I am?" I stared at their face trying to find something. Then I noticed something about the way they looked at me. In their seeing eye I saw it. A look of crushed hope and dreams mixed with faith.

It was the same look Camren gave me when he got ripped away from me.

~Flash back~

I had been separated from everyone else. As the storm raged around me, I saw a figure running towards me. As they neared me, I saw it was Shelby. Once she was about three feet away, I knew it wasn't her. She walked funny and she had this weird smile. It was too late though, I couldn't run as she raised an arm with sharp claws down on me. I closed my eyes tight. There was a ripping sound and a yell but I didn't feel any pain. I opened my eyes and there stood Camren and the Shelby monster.

The monster now had huge teeth and was trying to get at Camren. He was barely holding her off with a sword. She knocked him down and ripped something off of him. His sword disappeared and he looked at me.

His eyes full of crushed hope and dreams mixed with faith.

I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. I was frozen in shock. His eyes turned back to the monster who grabbed him by the hair and ran off. Wind picked them both up as Camren screamed for mercy.

~Flashback end~

I stared at him in confusion but he knew that I knew. Because I hadn't helped him he was half blind. I looked over his shoulder at the other two. Purple hair was snapping their fingers next to the other prisoner's ears. The other one made no reaction and stared at purple hair. They sighed and looked at me.

"She's deaf." They said, pointing to the last prisoner. She looked at me and I held my breath. I should have known she would be here.

They were never too far apart.

Delaney stared at me, her blue eyes looking into my soul. I tried not to look at the younger kids and ignore the fact they were now disabled. I couldn't escape their eyes and the knowledge of this.

        ~Another flashback~

I watched as the monster took Camren away. I felt a hand land on my shoulder and I spun around. There Delaney stood, her face twisted into rage.

"WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" She yelled over the rain. I noticed she had a piece of metal in her other hand.

"I don't know." I mumbled. She seemed to have heard me and yelled again but this time in curses. She shoved me and turned to go away when there was huge bang and a flash. Delaney toppled over onto the ground.

Lightning. She got struck by lightning. More bolts rained from the sky, falling near me. I ran away, forgetting all about the girl who fell over.

~Flashback end~

I stood frozen. I couldn't move. Purple hair picked me up and we started running. Up winding stairs, into narrow passages, into abandoned rooms. Finally we stopped somewhere.

It was an old closet, covered with dust and decay. Camren moved a panel of wall and we went through. It opened into another room with tons of beds. Some people were there but none were my friends.

Purple hair sat me on a bed and looked down at me.

"I'm Sam. I lead everyone here. I can tell by the look in your eyes you know my right hand men." Sam said and I nodded.

"You're gonna stay here till we can leave this prison. We're going to get out."

~Several Weeks Later~

We ran across the lawn that was slick with dew. We had managed to find an escape route and now I was running the freedom with my friends by my side. Then there was the sound like a crack and Max fell to the ground.

"HES BEEN SHOT!" I knew it was Sam who had yelled that. We all kept running, leaving the body behind us. More cracks left and my friends fell.

"ZIG ZAG!" Sam yelled again and I began running in an unpredictable pattern. The boat was within my sight. Sam, Delaney, Camren and Shelby ran in front of me. They jumped onto the boat. I jumped towards the boat.

CRACK!

My world went dark.

A/N I'm so mean guys. I really am. Sorry about the lack of updates and this chapter coming out at like 10pm. I am super sorry. Ibe been busy writing a story with RoyalWanderess. You may have also noticed that I have a new book called She meets She. Try not to mind that! I'll be updating on some story at least once a week from now on. See yah later nerds! ♡