"You know why I go on every trip out of here." Ava looked down and sighed

"You'll find them, Ava. Your sister Adora and son Mason are out there. I promise you that they are out there. Mark my words on that one." I smiled at Ava and she smiled back. Ava hugged me and got into the truck.

Tara, Sean, Noah, Ava, and others from the group headed out into the world. The gates of the compound shut, and I watched them drive off. I looked down and was going through another depressing moment of my life. The psychiatrist here diagnosed me with chronic depression, so very often I'll just really get into my feelings.

"That asshole was supposed to wait for me." I hear from the side of me and see Sean's brother Emit. Emit rolled his eyes and looked over to me. "Hey Amelia, how's your day treating you?" he smiled and I rolled my eyes. I turned to walk away and he began to walk by my side.

"Since Sean and Tara are out and we don't have an assigned job today, we should go put the media room to use. What do you say? You can pick the movie." Emit smirked

"I'd rather you leave me alone"

"Sam can come too! It's not a date, I know you're with my brother. I just wanted to enjoy the rest of the day with something kind of normal." Emit adds and I turned to him.

"You come near me or my son Emit, and I'll kill you." I warned and he just smiled at me

If it wasn't completely obvious, I did not like Emit at all. He's been testing me since the day Tara, Sam, and myself had gotten here. I have felt so stalked by him, especially that one day he was in my house for absolutely no reason while I was in the shower. He's creepy and I don't like him. He knew I wouldn't tell Sean or his dad. That's part of the reason I won't actually kill Emit.

Emit and Sean's dad is the leader of this group we are in and if anybody so much just looks at his sons wrong, they are beaten to death.

"You and I both know you can't kill me and you can't make me go away, so keep hoping and wishing. Find somewhere else to stay, take your kid and your lesbian best friend.. I'll find you no matter what." Emit laughs as I walk away.

"Hey!" Emit grabs me by my arm and pulls me face to face with him. I look directly into his eyes, a little in fear. He doesn't say anything, he mainly just wanted to radiate fear out of me and he succeeded slightly.

"Emit, son!" Emit and Sean's dad called out and we both turned to him. Emit let go of me and he smiled to his dad. "Yes, dad?" Emit called

"Go make a quick run to the HillTop with Dwight, make sure everything is in line and they have our goods. I'm counting on you, son. Prove to me that you'll one day lead this group after I'm gone!" Emit's dad smiled and Emit was so ready to take off and fulfill his dad's request.

Emit gave me a look before he'd left

"Amelia, how are you doing sweetheart?" Emit's dad smiled

"Doing great, just want Sam to have a stable life is all." I smiled and turned to leave. 

I liked Sean and Emit's dad, who also happened to be the leader of our group. He just gave me a strange vibe sometimes. Why was he relying on goods from another group to keep us moving? We could just do that on our own. He also has members of the group that aren't his sons, myself,  Sam, and Tara kneel to him when he's around. It's weird but in a way, comical.

Plus he carries around a bat, wrapped in barbed wire.. named Lucille? That's all really strange to me.

He's treated Sam and myself so well since we'd gotten here though. Like Tara says, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

"In approximately a day or two, there is going to be a rude awakening for some other survivors on this earth. I'd like for you, Tara, and Noah to be there. Sam can even come if you are ok with that." He smiled and I got a off feeling about it.

"Rude awakening?" I asked

"More like a heated discussion if you will, don't worry. You, Sam, Tara, and Noah will not be harmed. I'll make that my number one priority." he smiled back again and I nodded.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you." I repeated to myself. I would rather Sam be safe in this community and risk my comfortability. In the two years that we'd been here, Sam nor myself have been injured or let alone even worried.

However, I was getting an odd feeling about this 'rude awakening' or 'heated discussion'

and who this would take place with?

maybe the group that killed Paula and her unit?

For a certain odd reason I felt as though it was the one group that I knew all too well.. two years ago

I really didn't know at all.

One thing I knew was that ever since the day I left the farm two years ago, I have not been able to the fill the missing part in my heart. A part that nobody but one person could fill.

Nobody but

The father of my only child, the guy my dad saved all those years ago, the guy who had been to absolute hell and back with me

The guy I've never stopped loving and never will stop loving

Carl Grimes