Chapter two

The next week passed by quickly. Alex hadn't mentioned anything more about the mysterious man next door which left me feeling more and more curious as to what the man would be like.

I tried not to dwell on the mystery man as I rested in my garden under the Sunday sun. The weather had been perfect recently and so I decided it was time to sunbathe and work on my tan.

Not in a bikini though, I didn't want my neighbours seeing that. Being a very insecure woman made it hard for me to wear such revealing clothes, I preferred long skirts and long sleeve shirts as well as leggings and jumpers.

Not to mention my secret love for boyfriend jeans. It was rather ironic really, I hadn't had a boyfriend in years but I continued to wear boyfriend jeans.

As I laid back on my deck chair, basking in the summer heat, I heard my phone beep noisily. Reaching absentmindedly for it, my hand finally landed on the purple iPhone case.

Pulling it closer to me, I blinked to rid my eyes of the blinding sunlight being reflected off of the screen of the phone. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust but when they finally did I saw that I had a text message. Opening my phone I click on my recent messages to find out who had interrupted my relaxation

'So...Lukas' cousin moved in today.' It was from Alexandria.

I hadn't expected a text from her and since she hadn't mentioned Lukas' cousin in over a week I was even more surprised at its contents. Before I could even think of a reply I got another message from her.

'He's definitely single btw'

I blushed brightly at the hidden suggestion in her text. Clearly, Alex was enjoying teasing me about this new man. Suddenly, my phone made another obnoxious noise and I was faced with a slightly unfocused looking photograph. It was of Alex's boyfriend, Lukas, and a taller, more built looking man with the most gorgeous face I'd ever seen.

His eyes were so blue that I found myself thinking fondly of the ocean, and his hair was a glowing golden brown colour that shimmered beautifully in the sunlight.

This man was incredibly attractive, Alex wasn't lying when she told me about him. He didn't look anything like Bradley Cooper, but somehow I found myself liking the sight of this stranger's face more than my long-time celebrity crush.

After a short while of being captivated by the blurry photograph, I sent Alex a message back telling her to 'stop messing about'.

A part of me hoped that I'd bump into this new man soon. He was really something you had to see to believe. He must have been some kind of greek god in order to look like that. If he had a good personality then I would have no hope. How was a woman to resist such a man?

His cheekbones were sharp and his jawline well structured. He had a cheeky smile that made his plump pink lips stand out and look even more kissable. Shaking my head, I pinched my cheeks to get rid of my crude thoughts. But it was no use.

I couldn't seem to stop thinking about this man I barely knew, so I rushed inside and to the kitchen sink, splashing water on my face to clear my head. Why was life so cruel as to throw such a handsome man in my face...but just out of my reach? If only he were mine, I thought dreamily to myself before heading off to the shower in the hopes I could calm myself down. I had a feeling that it was going to be a long night.

***

Before I knew it, Monday morning rolled around. Birds chirped their melodic tune loudly outside of my bedroom window and the sun's light engulfed the entire street.

I woke up feeling good about myself and the day ahead. I felt that was a good enough excuse to put more effort into my appearance than normal. I decided to put on a flattering white floral dress and light makeup.