1

Percy stared unhappily at the battleground before him. He knew come morning that many more of his friends would be dead. It was inevitable. The life of a demigod was always hard, unrewarding, and more often than not, short. He would do what he could to prevent as many deaths as he could, but he knew even he had limits and couldn't be everywhere at once. He couldn't save everyone. It just wasn't possible.

But if he could save just a few, he'd do it. He'd already done it...basically. The plan at least. He had no idea how it would work, but he was hopeful. At least Frank had gone with it. He was the most level headed of the group, could see when sacrifices had to be made. It was because his mom he had said.

Either way, Percy knew that this was probably going to be his last fight. And he hadn't even proposed to Annabeth yet. He wasn't sure what he would even do if things played out like he thought. He had done everything he could in his life to make sure everyone he cared about stayed alive, and as many others as well. It was the only way, he just had to keep believing that.

He watched as the first light of day shed light on the assembled army of monsters. Then a rumble shook the ground and he blew the conch three times. Gaia was assuming her presence. It would not be long before the final battle would begin.

He turned to see the demigods already amassed behind him, ready to face whatever lay over the crest of the hill. Both Roman and Greek alike stood side by side, ready to die for their family. It made Percy proud to lead them once more into battle. Even if it was the last time he would do so.

"I know you guys don't want to fight. I know no one wants to die. But...who says that we have to? Heroes never die. We live on in the stories passed down from generation to generation. No one that sees the doors of Elysium today will ever truly die. You will be spoken of with pride at campfires for as long as the gods reign. Heroes until your last breaths. So who will stand with me to face what Gaia thinks she can use to take our home?"

A cheer rose from the assembled offspring of the gods. As one they charged over the hill to meet the horde that lay on the other side. Thankfully the seven along with the gods had already taken care of the Giants, but this army was far greater than either the Greeks or Romans had ever faced. But they had each other now as allies, and they would fight all the harder for it.

As soon as the two armies clashed, Gaia breached the plane of existence forming off to the left. Percy looked at Frank and together, with the rest of the seven, took off to confront her.

The battle lasted nearly an hour, before the demigods had either prevailed or at the least drive off the rest of Gaia's army. But the seven still battled. Though, Piper was knocked out and had been moved to where the Apollo kids could get her to the infirmary. Jason sported a nasty cut on his arm and a scratch above his eye that kept leaking blood that blocked his vision. Hazel had been batted away on Arion and neither had come back to the fight yet.

"Frank, now's the time. Get them away from here!" Percy shouted.

Annabeth looked at him, "What are you doing? You promised me 'til the end, Seaweed Brain! You promised!" she screamed as Frank grabbed her in his dragon claw, snatching up Leo who was struggling and shouting that it should be him to die. Jason was too dizzy to argue by this point and didn't fight back as Frank picked him up as well.

"You think you can take me on alone, Perseus Jackson?" Gaia rumbled. "I'd heard of your foolishness, seen it for myself, but this one is great, even for you."

"Shut up you lump of rocks!" he spouted back. Drawing on the full might of the oceans, the young demigod unleashed a roar and from the ground spewed a massive tidal wave that picked Gaia up. Quickly using his diminishing power, Percy turned it into a cyclone to tear the embodiment of the Earth apart.

"You will not defeat me without sacrifice demigod!" Gaia roared back. A rock fired from the cyclone but missed Percy by a long shot. But because he was distracted, he didn't see the ground shifting and a spear of solid marble shot up and speared him in the chest. He gasped.

The cyclone died down and became a body of water held in the air the size of a lake. Even dying, Percy's influence and control over water was beyond the level of any other demigod of their own abilities. The gods flashed in now that the battle was over, Poseidon rushing to his son's side. Annabeth, now released was running up.

"Dad...take it. Before it falls. Gaia's essence is in the water. Split it up, don't let her ever reform." Poseidon nodded, taking the control over the massive body of water hanging above everyone's heads, from his son. Percy looked relieved, like a massive weight was lifted from him.

"We did it Wise Girl...she's gone. She won't bother you ever again."

"Percy, you idiot. I don't care about that, I don't care about any of this without you." Athena looked like she was about to say something in rebutle but a quick look from multiple gods and three goddesses changed her mind. "Seaweed Brain, you promised you would never leave my side again," she cried, tears staining her face and shirt.

"I'm so sorry Annabeth. I never wanted to break my promise to you. But I couldn't let anyone else die. Storm or fire the world must fall. I was storm Annabeth...I couldn't let Leo's quest go unfinished. He needs to finish it. Find her Leo...get her back. Complete another promise I failed to follow through on." Leo, tears in his eyes nodded unable to speak.

"And Frank," Percy paused, coughing as red splattered his chest as he now lay on his back.

"Yes, Percy?"

"You got my wish right? For helping we get a wish...make sure...make sure they swear to abide by my wish. Please...." he broke off into a fit of coughing.

---

The mood at the ceremony was not one of joyeous celebration as the last war had been after its conclusion. It was quite somber, the death of their greatest hero, the Savior of Olympus, not once, but twice, was dead, and not even Zeus tried to break the melancholy with a speech about himself.

As the wishes were passed around, Jason became pontifex and being granted abilities to interact with the gods and as a go between, Annabeth asking the gods to follow through with all promises they've made, Piper asking for amnesty for Boreus, Frank having his life no longer depend on a stick, Hazel not being required to die and having her curse removed, Leo, with the help of his dad, was allowed to build an invention to find Calypso, because apparently the Fates had forbid the gods from removing her from her prison, Nico having some of the shadow taint taken from him. The only one not to receive a gift was their savior. Frank stepped forward.

"Lord Zeus, I know you have already granted my wish...and I would gladly have you take it back...if you could but grant Percy his dying wish."

Zeus was a little stunned. He had not expected Percy to have asked for anything, let alone be brought back from the dead. "Yes, son of Mars, we will hear you out before deciding what to do," he said, fearing the request.

"Lord Zeus, Percy asks that you reinstate Lady Hestia and Lord Hades to their rightful spots on the council. He says their addition will help balance the council out and help you with your decisions. That's all he asked for. And he asked me for you all to swear an oath, but...I wanted to believe after all the faith he put in you that you would help us with the Giants and you did come, that you would grant this wish without such an oath."

The entire council room was stunned. No one had expected such a request, let alone the two it was directed at. But both developed warm smiles in memory of their fallen nephew. Even in death he asked for nothing for himself. Always the true hero...loyal to a fault.

Annabeth's eyes watered and Thalia moved to hold her friend as she sobbed. If their mood was somber before, it was now down right depressing. Zeus, looking around the room knew he couldn't deny the boy's request. He had earned his wish well and if that's what he wanted, who was he to say no?

Two thrones rose up and their owners took their places as thoughts of their nephew floated in their heads. He may have fought his last battle, but he was still looking out from Elysium...until Hades eyes widened.