He was smiling all happy. His brown hair still had the red-ish orange-ish in it from 3 years ago.

"Oh"

I couldn't stand that thought. I never wanted to hurt him. I had to lie to him so he would still be my friend.

~Flashback~

"Wha... what happened Flair?"

I was drowning in tears that hurt as they slid down my cheek and burned away.

"Y.. you."

I saw a red-ish orange-ish suddenly go in the tips of his hair where he always flipped it. No.

"I put a red-ish orange-ish permanent dye in your hair and I thought you would hate me for it."

He got up and looked at himself in the mirror.

"I actually like it Flair. I kinda match your style"

He smirked.

"No reason to cry Flair. You know how it burns your skin"

He held me tight in his arms. I cant afford to hurt him anymore.

~End of Flashback~

I almost broke down.

"Flair. No. Please dont."

Jake pulled me into his arms to calm me down. I didn't want to hurt him, but I didn't want him to let go.

The siren again, and we just stood there.

That's when he pushed me away from him and took my hand.

"Come on. We need to go."

I nodded as we ran my house.

I layed down in my bed, listening to the guns shoot, just like the night I almost lost Jake.

Jake and I walked down to the meadow hand in hand happily. There hasn't been a war in months. I just felt so happy, something I haven't truely felt in years.

"Flair"

"Yeah"

I looked at him with a smile, but it disappeared as soon as I saw him crying.

"Jake. Jake what's wrong?"

"I love you Flair. But you will never love me"

He ran into the battlefield area.

"Jake please come back! Jake!! Ja-"

The siren went off and I heard a gun shot.

"No"

Jake fell to the ground.

"No no no. Jake!!"

Tears were streaming down my face and it stung worse than ever.

"No no no Jake. Jake please be alive"

"Flair. Go. You're better off without, me."

"Jake, no I'm not. Jake I love you"

His head rested in my lap as I played with his hair. He smiled "go" he mouthed as he slowly died.

"NOOO!!"

"FLAIR!! FLAIR WAKE UP!! WAKE UP FLAIR!!"

"AAHHH!!!"

"Flair. Flair its me. Shh"

Jake sat next to me on my bed. I was breathing heavy as he wrapped his arm around me telling me "Its gonna be ok. Shh".

"W.. what happened Flair?"