She snuggled into the brunette's back, slipping her knees behind hers and smiled as she shuffled backwards, her hand slipping back onto her hip and pulling her closer.

"Love you, Lolo," Camila muttered as her nails gently traced the faint line of Lauren's scar, the result of an argument with a park swing when she was seven. She remembered how amused Camila had been when she told her how she had come by it, fascinated that this one at least, hadn't been caused by enemy action.

"Love you too, Camz," she said softly, closing her eyes and allowing that faint smell of expensive body lotion fill her nostrils as she drifted off into a restless sleep once more.

o+o+o

Morning came and she was surprised to find their roles reversed. Camila tucked into her back with arm wrapped around her tightly. She glanced at the clock, and was surprised to see that it was already gone ten, most of the morning vanishing in an exhausted haze.

As she gently stretched out her aching leg, she felt a pair of moist lips press to her shoulder, kissing the puckered skin that marked the exit wound left by Mikhail Kalashnikov's baby boy.

"Morning, you," she said over her shoulder as Camila pulled her tighter and transferred her attentions up her shoulder blade and onto her neck.

"Morning," Camila replied briefly, in between those soft delicate kisses, hardly pausing for breath. "How are you feeling this morning, you better? Is there anything I can do to help?"

Her breath was soft against Lauren's ear, her voice low and sensual. Camila Cabello obviously had healing on her mind, in a Marvin Gaye kind of way.

She stretched out the rest of her body, taking care not to disturb Camila, especially after she nipped her playfully, dragging her back after she tried to stretch beyond her reach.

"Where do you think you're going?" Camila said, her hand stretching across Lauren's stomach, before reaching up to tease her nipple, "I've not finished with you yet."

"Really?" she said, rolling over and reaching out an arm to stroke Camila's cheek.

"Not even close," the brunette said, kissing the back of her hand.

"Then I guess I'm feeling a lot better already," she said as she leaned in to kiss her girl.

"Good."

They lost the rest of the morning making love, not one of the passionate rumbles that had marked a lot of their relationship; those wonderful moments when you lose yourself and allow that combination of lust and love consume you utterly.

No, this time their lovemaking was slow, and measured; tender but no less passionate for that. For her, it was a moment of reconnection, a way of easing away the pain that she'd caused Camila by being a jerk. A way of easing her own pain caused by the lack of contact that she'd enforced, punishing her, and ultimately herself, for her actions on that horrible Sunday that now seemed so long ago.

o+o+o

"Can we go into town for lunch?" Camila asked as she walked into the bedroom toweling her hair dry.

"Sounds good," she said, flopping down onto the foot of the bed and getting a good 'notice' of Camila's own freshly showered form.

As Camila twisted her body into her best model pose, a sudden thought flashed through Lauren's mind, "shit, you want to go shopping again, don't you?"