Chapter 5 | What she would want

Emily's POV:

Fighting for my life, that seems to be the point of life on Earth. After falling asleep, I wake up to find a bunch of people with spears grouped around me. They talk to each other in a language I don't understand.

"Hey, do you guys speak English," I ask stupidly. They all turn to look at me.

"She's awake," One of them says, well, at least I know they speak English! However, instead of spearing me like they did Jasper, they simply circle me, looking at their prey. 

"Please, don't hurt me. I mean no harm," I say, knowing my pleads are meaningless to them. 

"She is weak, that is good. She will not stand up well under torture." One of them mutters. I can feel the blood drain from my face, and scream out for help. I figure looking weak is better than torture. However, one of the grounders gags me. I try to scream and escape, but my hands are bound. 

"Nou gonplei" One of them whispers in my ear, when a strange plant is held under my nose, and I fall into a deep, deep sleep.

                                                                                                   *

I wake up tied to a pole in a strange, dark room. My mouth is not gagged, but I don't call out, remembering what a grounder said earlier about torture. My hands are bound with a rope, which I struggle to free myself from, until I rope burn my hand. Letting out a yelp I instantly regret, I head footsteps outside the door. Fear fills me. I know I am weak, pain scares me as much as the idea of giving up information, though I have to admit, there isn't really anything useful to not tell them except for the wristbands. That's when I realise, I'm not wearing my mine.

                                                                                    *

Alex Steeple's (Emily's Dad) POV:

Monitoring the 100's progress is not fun, watching the wristband signals slowly get terminated is no fun at all. It's Emily's signal that keeps me going strong, I couldn't take it if she died down there, not after what I did, she has to know. 

"Steeple, any news on the 100?" Abby asks me.

"Not yet,  we've lost over a quarter of the wristbands, but none since last night, where lots were taken. 

"Good, how are the vital signs?" She asks, when a beeping sound goes off. However when I look at the screen, what I see almost kills me. Emily's Signal has gone, our gift killed her.

Three Months Ago...

"Baby, guess what," I say to Lily, giving her a kiss.

"What?" She asks me, smiling. 

"They're sending 100 Juvenile prisoners down to Earth, to see if its safe!" I exclaim. Even though Lily's not on the council, I have permission to tell her everything I know, well, sort of. 

"To reduce population?" She gasps.

"No, to test out Earth. It might be survivable!" I smile. Lily takes a moment to get what I'm thinking, then says,

"We have to get Emily down there. Its been her dream to see Earth, and whether its survivable or not yet, what is there to life on the ark anyway?" Lily rambles, tears in her eyes. 

"The only way to do that is to get her arrested." I tell her.

"Well, as a trainee doctor, her getting arrested shouldn't be too hard!" Lily smiles.

"But we can't tell her, she wouldn't let us risk our lives to get her arrested,"

"We never know, but we should get this done now. I will take some medicine and plant it in her locker, then tell security supplies are missing, a locker search is routine protocol," Lily suggests.

"Awesome," I say, leaving.

"Wait," Lily yells. "Are you sure this is the right thing?" 

"Its what Emily would want."

___________________________________________________

So, what do you think of the plot twist? Comment who your favourite 'The 100' character is!