Chapter 3 | Poison

Emily's POV:

Things are getting bad, Bellamy is getting people to take off their wristbands with a whole bunch of 'What ever the hell we want' crap. They're already tracking people and forcing them to take their wristbands off, mainly their enemies, like Wells, who has already had his wristband cut off. Its only a matter of time until they come after me. Nobody except me, Clarke, Finn and Wells seems to get that we can't survive on our own without the adults, but I can tell that Bellamy has his own reasons he doesn't want the ark coming down, I can see it in his eyes, he doesn't believe in 'What ever the hell we want'. I can hear shouts over by the drop ship, and decide to go and see what its about. Murphy's in another fight, I'm just leaving when I realise its Wells he's fighting! What's not surprising is that Wells is beating him. I've never known someone as strong as Wells, I just wonder how he got himself arrested. Its obviously for Clarke, he'll do anything to protect her, even though she hates him. 

"Wells, what are you doing?" I scream, but he obviously doesn't hear me over the cries of 'Fight' and 'go Murphy'! I guess I have to speak in criminal language if I want them to take any notice of me.

"Go Wells! Rip his face off!" I shout, surprising myself and the few people around me who can actually hear what I said. Just as it seems like Murphy's actually going to have his face ripped off, Clarke appears out of the trees, and calls out. I notice that she's got nothing with her, and that one of the kids that was with her is not there.

"Where's the food?" Someone shouts.

"We didn't even make it to the forest!" Finn reply's, looking worried. I walk up to Clarke.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly.

"Hey, where's Jasper?" Someone shouts.

"He was taken." Clarke replies, looking morbid. 

"By what?" Someone asks.

"Not what, who," Clarke replies, as the shouts start up again.

                                                                                 *

The drop ship is practically empty, which makes my task both easier and harder. Earlier on, I found the bag I am now using, which makes me wonder what other materials I can use to build things. Wells has made a bag out of seat belts, but I want a weapon. To make a knife would be handy, especially if I found a way to poison it with the berries. Murphy and a few others have already found ways to make knifes, out of scraps of metal. I scavenge bottom floor, and find a long shard of a metal like substance that looks like it would do the trick. I use some padding from another bag as a handle, so I don't cut myself while holding it. Then repeat to make another. I then go and find some berries, mush them up, and soak one knife in the mixture, which turns the blade dark red and poisonous. A search party is going out to find Jasper, the boy who was taken by the grounders, and I have decided to go with them.

"Em, come on, lets go," Clarke says, grabbing my arm. "Hey, what's on that knife?"

"Poison, whether you get stabbed or cut with this knife, your dead anyway," I tell her, but all she does is sigh.

"Em, we don't want to kill for the sake of it, and whats the point of a poison that takes three days to kill?"

"People take it more seriously." I explain, then notice Bellamy and Murphy walking a few paces behind us.

"How did you get them to come with us?" I ask. "Oh wait, was it another one of your inspirational speeches?" I tease, as Clarke gives a faint smile. Suddenly, Bellamy and Murphy run in front of us, blocking up from moving further.

"What's the problem, we need to hurry," I say.

"The problem ends when you take off those wrist bands," Bellamy says, grabbing my wrist. I look up at him, glaring.

"And I suppose this is my punishment for saving your life, right? It would be kinda funny to watch you throwing up everywhere." I say, not loosing eye contact, and trying to look threatening despite the fact I'm like a foot shorter then him.

"I'll shut her up," Murphy snarls, pulling out his knife, but Bellamy puts his hand up to stop him.

"I can deal with an unarmed girl, Murphy," He growled. With my other hand, I pull out the poisoned blade and quickly hold it to Bellamy's wrist, however, Bellamy only laughs.

"You think this little blade scares me, huh?" 

"Not the blade, the poison Bellamy. You don't let my hand go, I shove this knife and all its poison straight into your vein, got it?" I threaten. Bellamy lets my arm go, and things look like there about to get rough, when Finn catches us up.

"What the hell are you guys doing? We're here on a rescue mission, not to kill each other," He shouts, making me feel guilty when I think of Jasper with a spear implanted in his chest.

"Tell that to Bellamy," I snap, storming on ahead, hearing Murphy murmur to Bellamy, 

"That girls a problem we can't afford to have," and then Bellamy replying,

"And also a brain we can't afford to loose."