Chapter 12: Hajun Again

I walked out of the newspaper building. It had been a very long week, full of assignments, tests, and tough feedback on my articles. I needed to go home, put my stuff down, drive somewhere quiet, and sit outside. No matter that there was still a bit of snow on the ground, I just needed some peace.

Something hit my back and I turned around, ready to cream whoever had hit me.

"Hi noona," Hajun called, waving. He was making a snowball, and grinned at me. "Isn't this snow nice?"

I felt my frown relax. "Hajun! I'm warning you, if you throw another snowball at me-"

He looked at me innocently, walking closer. "What do you mean, was someone throwing snowballs at you? Just point him out and I'll take care of it for you!"

"I think you know exactly who it was," I said. "I think that someone-" I pushed on his chest with one finger - "was you."

"Me?" Hajun looked at me with such feigned innocence that I couldn't help laughing. He crossed his arms over his chest. "You don't believe me?"

"No."

He grinned. "You are very wise."

I shook my head, smiling, and backed up a step. "Not really. I should get home. See you Monday, Hajun."

As I turned and started walking, Hajun ran up to walk beside me. "Chunhwa, did you forget?"

"Forget what?" I asked.

"It's been a week. More than a week!" he said proudly.

"Week?"

"You said you'd think about going on a date with me if I didn't ask you for a week. And I made it more than that!"

I sighed. "You're one persistent man, Hajun."

"I know. Do you want to do something fun tonight? You seem like you had a hard week."

I smiled crookedly. "What makes you think that?"

"You have circles under your eyes and you aren't smiling very big," he said.

"Thanks a lot!"

He chuckled. "I'm sorry, Chunhwa. Here." He handed me a phone.

My phone.

I felt in the empty pocket of my coat. "How did you get that!"

"I put my number into your contacts. Let me know when you want to go out," he said and winked.

No. I was not going to blush.

He walked off with a wave and a grin. "See you soon!"

What a cocky boy! I ignored my heated cheeks and quickened my pace to get home.

Walking into the apartment, I saw a note on the counter - I'm out with that cute guy from Calculus. I'll be back at some point. Have a good night! -Jisuk

I set my things down and settled on the couch. I looked around the apartment. So, did I want to go out and sit in nature in peace?

Fat chance. Not when a date with Hajun was in the picture.

I sat down and looked in my contacts. How had Hajun slipped my phone out of my pocket without my noticing? He was so strange sometimes.