Chapter 11

My watch buzzes. "Tirus, what is going on?" Sora's voice snaps me back to reality. 

I wipe my tear streaked face, and talk into the watch. 

"They blew it up, Sora. The building the commander was in... they blew it up! And everyone inside..." My voice cracks. "I'm okay. Some minor burns, and maybe a concussion. But there are others who have worse injuries." 

I look at the cut up girl. 

"What do I do? I need to leave Raleshere. Matzu's probably going to kill me because I betrayed him. And there are so many people who need help!" 

There's a pause before Sora replies. 

"Go find Matzu. Kill him, Tirus. Promise me you'll do it, otherwise he'll kill you. Then steal the take-off chip. As for the injured people, there's nothing we can do. We don't have the supplies to help them." 

The girl I'm holding looks up at me. 

"No, don't leave! Please, don't leave me here!" The girl pleads, her eyes gleaming with sorrow.
"I won't, I promise." I vow. 

"Tirus..." Sora buzzes from my watch.

"I can't leave injured people to die! I'm responsible for all of this, and I need to make it right."

"Listen, using the data base we have here, I was able to locate Raleshere's data file. That includes everything about Raleshere! Including the current war! And do you want to know what I learned? Matzu is the enemy, Tirus. He's the leader of the bad side, the side that we don't want to win! He's using you, he's been tricking you! Kill Matzu, and you'll make it all right!"

I help the child stand. "What's your name?" I whisper. 

"Ella." She sputters.

"Come on, Ella. Let's go defeat the man who made this all happen."

I hold her hand as we walk off into the smog.

(Sorry this chapter was so short.... I've been busy with school. Hopefully I'll update again soon.)