Chapter 8

Matzu's foe is in the bed still, and he smirks. His bodyguards surrounded me, guns pointed at me from all around.

I raise my head, and put my hands up.

"Tirus, we still need you." Matzu says in my ear. "I have a bomb ready to blow the place up. This is your last warning. Get out!"

"Shut up." I mutter under my breath.

One of the guards raises their gun and looks at me. "What?"

I hesitate a moment. I need to save these people from being blown up... but they're bad people! Maybe they should die! No... no one deserves to die...

Do I tell them about the bomb?

Or let them be blown up?

"We'll fire on your mark, sir." A guard says to the man in the bed.

The man nods. "Hold your fire. We need to know who sent her here."

I sigh with relief.

"Tirus, I swear..." Matzu says.

Then I see something that changes my mind about letting them be blown up.

A little girl with long blonde hair and pale white skin, cloaked in a silky nightgown stood behind the rows of guards. She had several cuts, probably from the window I'd shattered on her.

"Everyone, get out! There's a bomb that is going to blow this building up!" I say, looking up to the guards.

At first, no one knows what to do.

"TIRUS!" Matzu screams so loud my ears ring.

"GO! GET OUT!" I yell, jumping up and dashing toward the door.

The guards pause, not knowing whether to believe me or not. I rip past them, and yank open the door with such force the door knob slams into the wall behind it and creates a hole. I jump down the stairs and duck out of the building, just in time to avoid an explosion that shakes the ground.

I feel a scorching burn, and I yelp. Rocks fly all around me, stinging my skin and scratching me.

I can't hear anything. My ears don't stop ringing, and black spots cover my vision. I try standing up, and I wobble. I gasp the polluted air, propping myself on the wall of a nearby building.

Residents come out of their houses to see what's going on. They're crying, and they yell something at me, but I can't hear. My world is spinning, I can't see, I can't hear, and I feel myself fall to the ground, and a deep darkness consumes me.