Chapter 2

"Tirus, we have reports of a Rift Eater near Naxi. Are you able to come?" I jump up into the air and slide my hover board underneath my feet. "Yeah, I'll be there as soon as possible." I reply back into my neon blue watch. 

I lean forward on my hover board, and it starts to move. I look down at my watch and press a button. My hover board shoots forward at an incredible speed, taking me up into space. 

Stars glow all around me, and I zoom forward into a rip in the air. Inside the rip pure black. I race inside it. Time warps around me, but I'm used to the sensation. When my head stops spinning, I am in what we call the Rift Hallway.

Dimensions swirl around me, each one unique and represented with a different symbol. The hallway seems to continue on for infinity. This is our form of inter-dimensional travel. All I have to do to enter another reality is reach my hand out and tap one of the symbols. Simple.

Naxi would be further down the Hallway, as it was less popular among tourists. I moved my hover board forward, then I spoke into my watch. 

"I'm in the Hallway. Am I too late?" I asked Sora.

Sora was my guide. She stayed behind the scenes during missions and helped me through my watch.

"No, the Rift Eater should be arriving soon. Do you see it?" 

I scan the vast hallway, searching for the monsters we call Rift Eaters. In the distance, I see a white streak. "Yeah! Found it!"

I zoom forward, aiming at the Rift Eater. "Hurry, Tirus..." Sora says urgently.

When I get close enough to see it's features, I identify it's full grown. It's white scales ripple, like a lake reflecting moonlight. It flaps it's large, bat-like wings, and turns toward me. The Rift Eater's smokey purple eyes stare at me, and it snarls.

Three golden bracelets sit on both my arms, hovering over my wrists. I place my hand on the bracelets, and flames shoot out of them. I grin at the Rift Eater, and lean toward it on my hover board.

"Let's rock."