29: Cry For Attention.

Start from the beginning

"With just a few bucks asshole" Kess said to his twin brother.

"It's not our fault we have human Tom and Jerry as our friends" Ken said again.

I seriously thought Ken was the quiet one who hardly says anything, but I guess I was wrong because he's worse than Kess and I'm very sure he's the one initiating the idea and of betting every aspect of my life. I swear I really do have crazy friends.

"So how's it going Nathan?" I asked him since he was being unusually quiet.
He simply shrugged not saying anything and just quietly eating his food.

"What's wrong with him?" Eric asked either of the twins.

"Nathan? I think it's his time of the month" Kess said "He's been acting all grumpy since morning"

Eric gave Nathan a funny look them focused his attention on the twins.

"Got his tampons yet?"

"Yea" Ken replied "He should be wearing them"

I dropped my fork instantly, getting tired of their disgusting conversation "What the hell guys! I'm trying to eat here"

Everyone laughed including Nathan and I'm beginning to wonder if this is how they truly communicate. Talking about tampons and period, how weirder could they get.

"Where's Chelsea? I haven't seen her at all today' Kess stated and I shrugged tensing up a bit.

"I didn't see her in class too" I said which was actually very true. After our earlier confrontation, she had just disappeared and I had no idea where she could be. I just wished she'd appear right now and sit down with us pretending like nothing ever happened. I was kind of missing her dumb remarks right now.

"Hey guys!" I suddenly heard her voice, I thought it was my own imagination but then I felt someone plop on the seat beside me and that was Chelsea's spot. I turned to my right to find Chelsea looking dull and tired, her eyes were bloodshot like she had been crying and her forehead was sweating, her breaths were dragged also.

I nudged her side "You don't look so good"

She turned to me with a small smile playing at her lips "I'm fine, really"

I didn't know if to buy that but I knew there was something else apart from her crying. She looked so different like she was anticipating something or rather waiting for something to happen. This wasn't the same Chelsea that confronted me earlier or even the Chelsea I always knew. Something was definitely up.

The other people weren't really bothered after she said she was okay and I wouldn't have cared more than the way I already did if I didn't feel something dropping on my leg. When I looked down I almost freaked out, blood was dripping form Chelsea's left wrist onto my bare legs.

"Chelsea! What the hell?" I screamed lifting up her hand which she had almost successfully covered with her jacket. I rolled the sleeve down revealing two deep vertical cuts that were still bleeding badly. Did she..... OMG! I don't even want to think about it.

"What the.....shit!" I heard Eric cursr beside me and he stood up immediately alongside with Kess while Chelsea slowly passed out there.

"I'll take her to the nurse" Kess said "Call an ambulance"

I didn't really know if that was referred to me because I was in so much shock right now. I heard Nathan calling them as I blindly followed them to the nurse's office. My hands and thighs were covered in Chelsea's blood. Oh God!! Why would she do that to herself? Did she love Eric that much or was there something else? Cutting took a lot of will power to do and she was able to cut herself twice
What the hell!
This is totally my fault. If I had told her the truth in the first place this would never had happened, I have experienced so many things but not this, not someone harming themselves this was just too much. I was beginning to feel a strange moisture in my eyes as I was completely drowned in my own thoughts and self blame.