Really, what the hell was he doing? I shot him a couple of texts, but didn't get any replies back. The waitress took my drink order and came back, Thank God, less than a few minutes later with my wine. I didn't even harp on the fact that they didn't card me, I only sipped on my drink in appreciation. After two glasses of wine and checking my watch damn near every ten minutes, Shane still wasn't here.

I took out my phone and called him. With no surprise, it went straight to Voicemail. I left him a nasty message to the dismay of the old couple siting at the table next to mine. I slouched in my seat, leaning my head on my hand and taking another sip of my wine.

I couldn't define how upset and broken I felt. Shane was never a good boyfriend but this was a first. All I wish is that I would have listened to the people that love me, and picked someone better for me.

Hurrying out of the building, I kept my eyes trained on the ground. I was too embarrassed and didn't want anyone to see me because I'm sure I was crying. Checking my phone, it read 10:13. How fucking pathetic could I get? I slammed my fist on the steering wheel and gripped both sides tightly and laid my head down.

Shane has ruined me! No, I've ruined myself by being with him! I've ruined my pride by being with that asshole. I turned the volume up and but my trembling lip as music blasted from the radio.

My heart is aching right now. I'm crushed. I don't deserve to be treated like this. Why the hell do I even take him back? We don't work! We've never worked! He's the scum of the Earth and I so happen to be exactly the type of person he likes to use. I let him back every time. I bet he thinks of me as a fucking game! I'm a game to him! A little toy that he can play with and throw around whenever he feels like it. My foot stamped down harder on the gas pedal as my mood worsened.

There's nothing that I want more than to be home and comforted by someone who cares about me. I wiped my tears off with the back of my hand.

Not soon enough, I pulled into the Freeney's drive way and trudged up the front steps and let myself inside and locked the door behind me. The house was dark, and I guess I was the only one up. Kicking off my shoes, I climbed the stairs one by one with slug like speed.

Sniffling, I wiped at my eyes again. I choked out a cry and cover my mouth as my shoulders started to violently shake.

"Layla?" Noah's voice was so comforting at the moment. It was a soft, gentle, concerned whisper that I wanted to hear more of. "Layla, come here."

Looking up through my tears, I could see the mushed outline of Noah's figure.

"No," my voice trembled.

"Layla, come here, now," Noah was assertive and in control. I walked into his room that had a small bedside lamp on.

"What do you want Noah?"

"Shh, just come here." He patted his lap and I timidly sat down.  

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tightly against his chest.

"Noah," I cried.

"It's going to be alright." He rubbed my back.

Shane would never do that. He'd pat me on the back absentmindedly. I cried harder, holding on to Noah tighter. He let me cry for forever as he held me in his arms.

After what felt like a few treacherous hours, my crying slowly halted to a quiet hiccup.

"Layla, you should get some sleep."

I shook my head against his chest and squeezed him tight. "Don't let me go."

"You need to get some rest Layla. Go to bed."

"No," I said groggily.

"Well what do you want to do then?"

"Stay here."

"Layla, I'm sorry but I'm pretty tired."

And now I feel like a bitch for being inconsiderate. Of course he'd want to get some sleep. But hopefully he'd answer this final request to my liking, "can I stay in here tonight?"

"I only have one bed."

A small chuckle slipped between my lips, "I know."

I felt him stiffen and his breathing go ragged for a few seconds. "If you want."

Tiredly, I rubbed my eyes. "May I borrow a shirt?"

"Bottom left drawer," I got up and rummaged through his drawer.

"I'll be back," I ventured off into his bathroom and nearly yelped when I saw my ugly ass reflection. There were multiple black smudgy lines on my cheeks and my eyes were blood shot and red lined. Immediately, I scrubbed at my face with cold water and put my hair in a low ponytail.

I moved my hair over my shoulder and tugged at the zipper at the back of my dress. As the zipper didn't slide down, the more angrily I yanked. Stupid Shane. This was his fault. I rubbed at my eyes, but abruptly yanked them down after remembering how irritated my eyes were already.

"N-Noah," I cracked the bathroom door open and was surprised at the dark abyss of the room. I guess he turned off the lamp.

"Yeah?"

"I need your help."

"Come here."

"Well, um, where are you Noah?"

"In the bed, on your right," I turned off the light in the bathroom and scurried across the room.

"My zipper's stuck," I explained as I sat at the edge of the bed.

"Where is it?" I felt him feeling around my upper back for the zipper. I guided his hand to where it should be and let out an exhausted breath when he began yanking on it.

"Ouch!" He pulled down on the zipper really hard and took a couple of strands of my hair with it.

"Shit! I'm so sorry," I flinched as his warm hand brushed against my back as he moved my hair over my shoulders and put a hand at the top of my dress to keep it in place as he tried to unzip it for me.

Eventually, I felt the exposure of my back as Noah guided the zipper down.

Noah's fingers grazed my skin making me gasp in shock.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Close your eyes," I demanded as I stood up from his bed and the dress went flying down towards my ankles. Stepping out of the dress, I kicked it aside and pulled on the T-shirt Noah kindly let me borrow.

"Where do I get to sleep?" I turned back around and saw Noah's eyes trained on me. "You didn't close your eyes did you?" Sighing, I let it slide. I had enough shit going on tonight that was worse than Noah sneaking a peek.

Hopping on to his bed, I made sure that I didn't step on him. I shimmied down under the covers and shyly scooted closer to Noah.

"Do you mind if we cuddle? I like to cuddle when I'm upset."

I waited for a reply, a simple 'Yey or Ney', but was genuinely caught off guard when I felt Noah's arm wrap around my waist and pull me into his side.

"Thanks for being so understanding tonight," I placed my head on his chest, not sure if I was crossing any imaginary boundaries, and closed my eyes.

Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad. There's no doubt that I'm dumping Shane for good, and hopefully I'll really be able to move on without looking back. I just need a fresh start.

Soft tender lips pressed against my forehead, making me think that maybe a fresh start was closer than I thought it would be.

~~~~~~~ 

think this shit rocks, just wait until three more posts and ya might just pee in your pants when you find out what happens :)

Lol love you guys :)