YML chapter 13

New title ideas will be graciously accepted :)

This should be edited well :) and vote and comment ya'll :D

Layla

I still can't figure out why my life has to be so damn complicated. All I want is to be happy and care free, and all I do is think about these aggravating guys and what they put me through. I resent it.

Wanting to talk to Shane, I went out of my way and walked to the other side of school to his locker.

Impatiently, I waited for two minutes, checking my Fossil watch every time someone walked by and looked at me. I sighed irritated. Did he really skip school today? I shot him a quick text asking where he was. The reply that I got made me sharply clench my jaw.

Shane, the atomic asshole, was still in Florida, but would still be at dinner tonight.

I swear, I think he tries to do everything in his power to piss me off. Am I not good enough for him? Do I not deserve better? Obviously he doesn't care about me or my feelings.

"Layla?" I looked up at the sound of my name and wish I didn't.

"Why are you upset?"

"I'm not upset Darren."

"Your eyes are red." I shook my head and tried to walk past him, but he stopped me.

"Looks like you could use a hug from the D-Master," he pulled me in for a hug, and wrapped his arms around me. My bottom lip trembled and my eyes watered. "Things will only get better if you do something about it."

He gave me a quick squeeze and let me go. "Thanks."

"Layla, make better decisions that you won't regret later."

"I'll try," I swiped at a tear and gave him a small appreciative nod before fleeing the scene.

I spent the rest of the school day upset and lonely. I didn't want to confide in Jaxx because he would say something along the lines of 'I told you so', and he's heard it all already. What I had to say wouldn't come as a surprise in the slightest.

The time up to the date went like the other day: I did my school work, took a nap, and got ready. During my studying, I received a text with an outfit request from Shane. He wanted me to wear a little black number that he loved with every teenage-hormone-infused bone in his body.

I slid my heels on and put on some Chapstick.

It was nearing the time that Shane was supposed to pick me up when I received yet another aggravating text from my inconsiderate boyfriend. He wanted to meet me at the restaurant, because he was running a little late. I begrudgingly sent a reply saying that I would indeed meet him there instead of waiting for him to pick me up.

Downstairs, I went to find my peeps to say my goodbyes. "Guys! I'm leaving!" Everyone was in the TV room hanging out.

"He's here already?" Jackson asked.

I shook my head, "I'm meeting him there. He's running late."

His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed, but he still nodded as if he tried to understand.

"Don't have too much fun," Lindsay winked at me.

"I'm sure I won't," I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair. "Bye."

They waved and went back to talking and watching TV. I took the keys to Jaxx's car and drove to the restaurant. According to the hostess, we didn't have a reservation, so I had to put my name in and wait an additional twenty minutes for a table. And may I mention that Shane was remarkably late.