Chapter One: The Review of Death

Author's Note: Hello, I hope you enjoy this! I guess you could call this a bit of an AU because in this universe Noel hasn't met Sara Macdonald (as much as I love them as a couple). Anyway, please leave your thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------

Violet adjusted her jacket nervously, fidgeting. It was a bad habit, sure, but one could hardly blame her. After all she was about to go play the biggest gig of her entire life—Wembley. Five minutes. Five minutes and her band, The Advocates, were going to play in front of ninety thousand people.

She could feel herself trembling, could feel the adrenaline coursing through her veins. Her jet black Manson was strapped comfortingly around her, grounding her, like a security blanket.

"One minute!" Came her manager, Daniel, tapping his watch.

Shit.

She had to stay calm. It wasn't like it would be the end of the world if they completely screwed up. No, it would be the end of her career. The end of her.

'Don't think like that Vi,' She scolded herself. "You've got this.'

"Fifteen seconds!"

Well, time was up.

Time for her to show the world what she was made of.

-------------------------------------------------

They rocked it. No, more than that--they fucking smashed it. Smashed it into a tiny million pieces of awesomeness. The crowd had been great, singing along to every every verse, and the band had been perfectly in sync with each other. Everything had been perfect.

She was proud. Truly, she was.

But it wasn't over. Next came the part she dreaded. The reviews. Just because she thought they did good, didn't mean that everyone else did. This was make or break for the band. So, Violet was scrolling through NME, anxiously searching for any word on their performance.

Sure enough, they were at the very front page.

"The Advocates completely exceed expectations with a complete blowout at Wembley yesterday." Read the front headline in big bold letters.

She resisted the urge to jump up and down right there in celebration. She was in a taxi at the moment,on the way to the studio to meet with the rest of the band. They met every Sunday to discuss business and they had a lot to discuss.

"...The new upcoming band surprised fans and critics alike last night as they played some of their most popular hits as well as some lesser known songs. The frontman (ahem...frontwoman), Violet Hemingway, showed wisdom beyond her years with her powerful vocals and skillful guitar playing..."

It continued from there, giving massive compliments to all of the band. She scrolled down a bit more, when something caught her eye.

"Noel Gallagher, former band member Oasis, has other opinions, saying 'The Advocates, though they show valiant effort is, at the end of the day, nothing more than just fuckin' Oasis wannabes.'"

She could've thrown her phone out the window. How dare he? Sure, they sounded a bit like them because they were mostly guitar driven, but they were far from Oasis wannabes. How dare that obnoxious, arrogant, loose tongued little-

"Um, ma'am. We're here at the studio." The cab driver looked back her, slightly concerned. She'd be glaring at her phone so intently that she hadn't even realized she had arrived.

"Oh, yeah, thanks." Violet slipped him some cash and got out of the cab.

She walked into the studio where all the rest of her bandmates were already waiting.

"You saw the thing about Noel Gallagher, didn't you?" Asked Isabell, her best friend and the bass player.

"Sure did." She grumbled bitterly. "The nerve of that man!'

"Oh relax, NME, Q Magazine, The Rolling Stone, they all thought we kicked ass! I've been checking all morning, and they've all given us rave reviews!" Remarked Freddie, the drummer.

"I just can't believe he called us Oasis wannabes."

"Don't worry about him, that's who he is. He's a Gallagher brother, remember? He pretty much has to be an asshole because that's what is expected." Said Isabelle, shaking her head. The bassist lit up happily, digging into her pocket and pulling out her phone.

"Dave Grohl, yes, THE Dave Grohl, invited us all to his house for a big blowout party he's having!"

"Seriously?"

"Yep, swear on my life! It's this Saturday!"

"Fuckin' hell, this is gonna be massive!" Exclaimed Violet, hugging Isabell tightly. Her best friend laughed in agreement.

They'd met Dave Grohl at a gig one night, and they'd hit it off instantly. Violet had been a fan for years, and Dave had liked her band, so they became friends and stayed in touch every so often.

Her thoughts shifted back to Noel I'm-a-douche Gallagher. She knew that he and Dave were pretty good friends and she wondered if he would be there at his party. If he was, he was gonna get a piece of her mind (and maybe a piece of her foot in his ass after she kicked him).