Fern- Something Fishy

"Brr! Stupid Scott should have waited until I was ready."

Willow is changing from her still damp clothing into warm, campfire clothes, along with me and Ella as well. Our whole group has gone back to cabins twelve and thirteen, still thrilled after the enjoyable afternoon of jet skiing.

I pick up two sweatshirts and stare at them both, unsure of which to choose. So of course, I turn to my best friend for fashion advice, since I'm not really what you'd call a "style expert."

"Willow, should I wear the navy blue sweatshirt with white swirls, or the neon yellow and pink Nike?" I ask my friend.

Willow looks at me as if it's the most obvious question in the world.

"Duh, the navy blue one," Willow tells me. "There'll already be a blazing campfire, so you won't want to burn out everyone's eyeballs. Besides, the navy blue brings out the lighter blue in your eyes, and it makes you have the 'cute but casual' touch."

"Oh."

I was actually going to pick the neon one.

What would I do without you, Willow...

As if reading my thoughts, Willow smiles at me sweetly.

"Yeah, you probably would be living in a hole without me."

I push her onto one of the bunk beds and she just laughs, pulling on a midnight black sweatshirt with a light blue to dark purple ombre on the front.

"Where did you get that sweatshirt?" I ask Willow. "It looks super cool."

Willow frowns, thinking.

"Uhh..."

"And she doesn't remember..." I stage whisper to Ella, who laughs.

This time Willow is the one who pushes both of us onto the bed.

"Of course I don't! My Aunt gave it to me, so how would I know?" Willow challenges us.

"Doesn't it have a tag or something on the back?" Ella asks. "Usually clothing has writing on the inside of it on the back, or even a tag."

Willow thinks for a moment, then shrugs.

"Eh, I'm too lazy to check."

That earns her another fit of laughter from Ella and I, and then we both reply, "Same."

"Hello?" We hear Scott call from outside our Cabin door. "Are you guys okay? You've been in there for like, days."

"Yeah, would ya hurry up?" Ben asks.

"My stomach is starting to crave s'mores," Max whines.

We laugh and quickly put on some shoes, then open the door to reveal the three of them with crossed arms.

"Why are you guys so slow?" Ben asks us.

"Yeah, you've been in there for like, weeks," Scott exaggerates even further. "I mean, it's not like you're going to the bathroom, because that would take way longer. Well, for me, anyways."

"My stomach is getting hungrier by the second," Max warns.

The three of us laugh again at the boys.

"Well you guys obviously don't know how to dress for campfires," Ella snorts, regarding Scott with a roll of her eyes. "Why are you still in your shorts and tanks?"

"Uh, because it's a campfire, duh," Scott retorts as if it's the most obvious thing ever. "Fire equals warmth. Warmth equals hot. Hot equals me." Scott smiles mischievously at Ella, Willow and I, then winks at Willow and even does what's 'supposed' to be a sexy pose.