Fifteen

I watched Leah's chest rise and fall as she slept after her surgery. I held my head as I thought back to the firefight because I didn't remember Leah even being shot, but then again I had been shot and wasn't focusing on anything else. John placed his hand on my shoulder as I looked up at him. He nodded towards the hallway and i stood up to walk out with him.

“Don't worry too much about Leah, it may be hard to believe but I've seen her take worse and still pull through. I promise that Leah will survive this.” John said softly.

“I really hope you're right John. Losing her will probably make me go just a little crazier than I already am.” I replied.

I looked back into the hospital room and figured it was probably about time I called the boys. They've probably been worried sick about us and while I don't feel guilty about leaving them, I don't feel good about it either. I walked into Leah's room and picked up the phone that was for family to use. It's been almost three weeks since I last spoke to them, god what would they think about me, assuming they didn't think I was dead. I took a deep breath and called Liam’s cell phone.

“Hello?” Liam answered on the first ring. He sounded like he had been crying just before answering the phone.

“Liam…” Harry paused, “I….I’m sorry…”

“Harry?! Where are you Harry?!” Liam sounded worried.

“I can't tell you that at the moment, Leah is in pretty bad shape and I just really need someone to talk to.” Harry said quietly.

“That means that was you and Leah we saw on the news...Harry what have you gotten yourself into?” Liam asked.

“Well, I joined Leah's gang, we kidnapped a gang leader Liam. Leah and I decided to run away so you didn't get involved but I ended up hurting Leah. She forgave me but I couldn't forgive myself...I had her do some bad things to me and I've killed people now...I won't be returning to One Direction as I like this feeling I have now, but please don't think any less of me. This will be the last time you're going to hear from me because I can't risk your lives for ours but I miss you guys…” Harry said with tears forming in his eyes.

“We miss you Harry, I am glad you're alive but promise me you'll be careful. I don't want to hear that you've been killed or locked up, and tell Leah it's empty without her laugh here.” Liam said with a somber attitude as he hung up the phone. I dropped the phone and pulled at my hair until I felt two arms wrap around me. I looked towards the bed and when I didn't see Leah I turned around in her arms.

“You can go back to them Harry.” She said softly as she ran her hand up my body.

“No, I am happy here with you Leah. I just didn't think they'd miss me so bad and it hurts to know how much pain I've caused them.” I replied as I nuzzled my head against her hand.

“It'll pass Harry, but never forget the fun times you've shared with them. I will never forget my sister so promise me you'll never forget them.” I nodded as she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed me softly. I returned her kiss and looked down into her eyes.

“Our lives are about to become super complicated, aren't they?” I asked with a chuckle.

“Yep, and you better be ready because life in a gang is never boring.” Leah said back with a chuckle.

“No it is not.” I said as I kissed her again, “no it's not.” I repeated with a smile on my lips.