Thirteen

I looked over at the sleeping Harry as my body was coming down from it’s high. He was right when he told me that it was worse than torture he could have done as he had teased every part of me. The way our bodies felt when we had finally connected was better than any drug that I experienced with Michael. I slowly slid from the bed so I didn’t wake Harry and started packing up our belongings, I glanced at the window and saw someone quickly duck back into the trees, I ducked down underneath the window and slowly made my way to the living room with my packed bags. I pulled out my phone once I got into the living room and looked up John’s number from the phone’s contacts and dialed it. He answered on the third ring with a loud yawn.

“Hello?” He asked; I must have awoken him as he sounded half-asleep.

“John, it’s Leah. I need you to get up because I need a favor and I can’t trust anyone but you.” I heard the sound of movement come from the other end which I assumed was him getting out of bed.

“Yes ma’am?” He sounded more awake as he answered me this time.

“I need you to bring me one of the hummers from the base and make sure it has a gun inside it, I’ve noticed someone outside my father’s cabin and I believe they’re following me.”

“I’ll have it there in under an hour.” He replied quickly.

“Thank you, I would greatly appreciate it John.”

He hung up and I glanced back towards the bedroom before quietly slipping back inside the bedroom. I closed up the blinds before packing up the punishment items and taking them into the living room. I looked towards the kitchen but decided against packing up the food and walked back to where Harry slept peacefully. I heard the gate alarm go off and knew that John must’ve sped to get here since he was the only other one that had learned the gate code. I heard John come in the house and walked out to meet him as he yawned.

“Here’s that hummer and gun you requested.” He said with another yawn as he handed me the pistol in his hand.

“Thank you, John. Has everything been going smoothly at the base?” I asked.

“No, we believe the base is being watched. Now that you've seen someone following you I can say without a doubt that someone is targeting the gang.” I nodded.

“When we leave here I want you to stay behind. They'll see the hummer leave and believe that Harry and I are alone once again, if they try something I trust you to catch them use the Vipers infamous interrogation technique.” John smirked as he cracked his knuckles and nodded to me.

“With great pleasure, Leah.” I smirked.

“I’m going to have Marty start moving the base. Regardless if it's the police or a rival gang we can't afford to lose those weapons, it would hit us hard if we lost them, especially to a rival gang.” He nodded and pointed to the doorway. Harry was standing there looking at me with concern after having obviously listened in to the conversation.

“I am going to go pack the hummer to give you two some space.” John took our belongings out to the hummer as I sat Harry down at the kitchen table and softened my expression to him.

“Leah, is what I heard true? Someone's been following us to kill you?” Harry asked with concern.

“Yes, it is all true. I believe a rival gang we chased out could be back to get revenge.” I answered honestly because I didn't want to lie to Harry anymore. He needed to know what kind of person I was.

“Then let's not go to our original destination. Let's go to one of your safe house or somewhere we can be safe because I don't want you to get hurt anymore. I will do whatever is necessary to ensure that you are safe.” I looked at Harry with surprise. He would give up his life to keep someone like me safe and happy, someone who kills mercilessly, and leads one of the largest gangs in the states. I chuckled quietly to myself before yelling for John to join me at my side.

“What's up, Leah?” John asked looking between Harry and I.

“I am retreating to one of our further bases. I will call in a few hours with further instructions as long as nothing is eventful and I will have you meet us. Please be careful John.” He looked at me with surprise at the compassion in my voice. He lead Harry and I to the waiting hummer before starting it himself then allowing us to climb in. He retreated inside the house as we pulled out and drove off through a different path so neither of us had to get out and punch in the code which would give us away.

Harry looked over at me with fear in his eyes but I was used to this. That's why this cabin came to be what is was because we were always hunted. I looked over at Harry wondering if I should send him back to his friends but then I would have to kill him. I sighed to myself thinking about all that Harry has now gotten himself into within just a month's time. This situation was a normal thing for me but it was very different for him as a popstar even if he has seen what the gang can do firsthand with the wounds on his body. I turned off the GPS and dialed a number into the hummers built-in phone which was answered by Marty on the second ring.

“What's up, boss?” Marty wasn't as formal as John which at a time like this I welcomed.

“The Vipers are being hunted and they've settled on me as their first target. John is staking out my dads place to kill whoever was there but I need you to start stripping the weapons at the base and prepping them for transport. I also need you and two others to armor up in gear as well as set up three extra sets. We are raiding.”

“Great, Harry raiding with us?” Marty grew excited as the news of a raid. I looked over at Harry who hardened his expression and looked at me determination.

“I am raiding with you guys, yes.” Harry answered before I could.

“Alright, we will see you here boss.” Marty hung up.

“Anything it takes, Leah.” I nodded towards him.