Chapter 26 - Adolescence.

Start from the beginning

"Who is it?" Aunt Shay asked.

"Noah, ma...."

"Come on, Isaiah." Aunt Shay groaned as she walked near the front door. "We can at least talk to him through the cracked door."

Aunt Shay cracked her door, keeping the lock on top.

"Hi Noah." Aunt Shay mumbled.

"I need a place to stay, mama." Noah slurred, still drunk as he gulped some of his beer down.

"Excuse me?"

"J-just until I get on my feet...." Noah stuttered.

"I'm sorry Noah, but you can't stay here." Aunt Shay said, shaking her head. "Not until you get better."

"Oh come ooonnnnn, ma." Noah sighed, stumbling a little. "It ain't that bad."

"Look she said no, Noah!" Isaiah scowled at him, peeking through the crack of the door. "Now leave her alone!"

"Let me talk to him, Isaiah." Aunt Shay mumbled.

She slowly turned her head back out of the crack as Noah peeked inside.

"My room should s-still be here, riiiight?" Noah asked.

"Noah, you ain't stayin' here." Aunt Shay said, shaking her head. "You can't stay here while you're like this."

"Oh really?" Noah barked. "So you just gone leave your SON out in the streets like thisssss?"

"YOU chose this life, not me, Noah!" Aunt Shay barked back. "I said no! Now leave!"

Drunk and enraged, Noah reached through the crack of the door and tried to snatch Aunt Shay through the crack of the door.

"I said let me stay in your fucking house!" Noah yelled as his voice echoed through the skies. "I'll bust my way through there, damnit! LET ME IN!"

As Aunt Shay wailed out for help, Isaiah got off of the couch and opened the door, punching Noah in the face. He fiddled with his nose as he stumbled back onto the porch, falling onto the walkway. He scrunched his eyes closed, keeping his fingers onto his bloody nose.

"If you come by here threatenin' mama again Noah, I ain't gone have no choice but to pop one right in ya' ass." Isaiah growled. "Stay. The. Hell. Away. From. Here!"

Isaiah slammed the door, locking and shutting it as Aunt Shay fixed her hair.

"You aight, mama?" Isaiah asked as he placed her hands on her shoulders.

"I'm fine." Aunt Shay whispered lowly.

"ILL BE BACK!" Noah chanted, downing his beer and tossing it in the grass as he stumbled back off into the streets. "Don't worry about it! I'll be back...."

Noah looked so different that him and Isaiah looked more like fraternal twins instead of identical. I glanced out the blinds of the window in confusion, turning to Isaiah.

"What happened to him?" I gasped.

As Aunt Shay stepped into the kitchen to fix herself in the magnet mirror, Isaiah sighed and sat back down onto the couch.

"He just like Tyler, man." Isaiah sighed. "He ain't been right since Lily passed away."

"Damn." I groaned. "He still fucked up because of it, ain't he?"

"Been that way since we left Saudi Arabia." Isaiah said. "But that ain't no excuse, man. I mean, look at me and Asha."

"You right." I nodded.