Chapter One

Blue to keep the voices away
Yellow to keep the danger at bay
White to make the pain fade
Green to keep the monsters afraid

My morning routine stuck firmly in my mind as I lay on the concrete floor staring up at the ceiling with my arms spread out beside me. The small cell, which could only contain one person, was filled with ice and falling snow.

This was why I was thrown into Belle Reve. My father told me I had the devils gift, that I was the reason Henlon (my mother) died in childbirth. Needless to say our relationship was strained as I turned my wrist so my palms now lay flat on the ground. I felt my skin tighten from the old wounds I had sustained from my so called father.

Over the years my innocent and caring nature faded and I grew up practically chaotic and crazy I just didn't care anymore and I wanted to have some fun.

"Rise and shine Elsa, breakfast"

Time to play, placing a grin on my face I stood and walked towards the jail door where I saw Griggs

"What is it today" I asked "salmon and eggs? Pigs in blankets?"

He laughed "loaf princess Elsa"

I swear if he kept calling me by that stupid princess movie he would regret it. But instead of glaring I decided to play with him

"Don't you want to come in here? I'm sure you'd rather give it to me in here" I leaned in close to the hole in the door and bit my bottom lip.

For a second Griggs looked tempted but he shook his head with a chuckle "not a chance darlin, we all know what your capable of" I laughed manically and created an icicle behind my back  "This is the new guy Bobby"

Bobby looked to be fresh out of school, he sneered at me

"What? You don't like me Bobby?" I pouted causing him to scoff

"Never have liked zoo animals"

I reached my arm back and threw the icicle right in his eye he made a gasping noise before falling to the ground. I giggled at the commotion of  shouts and yells from outside the cell, Griggs poked his face near the hole with a glare "your in trouble now"

I was slammed back by the door opening and hissed as 1000 electrical volts ran through my body.